Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE: How to get the distance in Z from Machine zero to zero piece.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello, I need to know the distance in Z from Machine zero to zero piece after a table rotation is performed.

I know how to get the distance from machine zero to zero piece at the begining of the program with setOffsetSysVar, but after moving (for example) the table, the distance between the zero piece and zero Machine is not the same. How can I kown the new distance?

Regards

Frank

5 REPLIES

Re: CSE: How to get the distance in Z from Machine zero to zero piece.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Frank,

are you talking about this?

2018-01-26 14_52_54-kinematic_chains.pptx - PowerPoint.png

2018-01-26 14_52_24-kinematic_chains.pptx - PowerPoint.png

Thomas

Thanks for your quick answer.

Not exactly, I didn't explained it very well.
I need to know what is the distance (in Z or other joints), if all transformations were deactivated.
During the simulation some transformations causing "Displace origin", I need to know the distance between the zero piece and zero machine like if all transformations causing displace origin were deactivated.

Regards

Frank.

Siemens Phenom
Hi Frank,

What´s the intention or which problem do you have that you need this? Maybe there is another approach possible.

From my point of you you are able calculate this with the ikslinears calculation + the local offset values within the coordinate object?
The IKS linears calculating the deviation due to the rotation from machine zero to tool plus an optional offset. Which can be in your case the offset vom machine to local offset.

Thomas

Hello,

I will try to explain a little bit better my problem, perhaps as you said, there is another approach.
I have two axes, Z and W, Z axis is under W, so when I move W, Z axis is moved too.
I need to freeze Z axis in Z=0 and move W so the tip of Z axis moves to coordinates piece.

For example if I programed "L W0 FMAX" the W axis must move a a distance that makes the tip of Z axis goes to Z=0 coordinates piece. That's why I need to know what is the distance Z axis would move and move the W axis instead.

Frank.

Siemens Phenom

AAHHH now I understand. Maybe we should talk the next time the other way around ;-)

Look at the sim17 OOTB sample. There is a sample for W-Axis compensation. It is for Sinumerik but can easily adapted for each controller. 

In your case I could imagine that you introduce a transformation for the W axis compensation which is written with the calulcated values of W and Z when local offset (CYCL DEF 7 or 247) is active. The axis values can be retrieved by getJointValue("AXISNAME", "machine") in machine coordinates should be enough. You only need the delta between both axes.

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information