cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE OTB handling G68.2 fanuc or frame rotations for 5 axis sequences

Phenom
Phenom

I was wondering if Siemens has plans to support this type of transformation for 5 axis motion (with the rotary re-calculations.) We do blisk machining and need to copy 5 axis motion on a Fanuc that may also have a tilt or not be on center of a rotary. It seems that through NX12 it isn't handled (but maybe I haven't tried the right one.)

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro
7 REPLIES

Re: CSE OTB handling G68.2 fanuc or frame rotations for 5 axis sequences

Phenom
Phenom

Sorry - this example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkle9Grvhs

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Genius
Genius
Hi @Study,

I think that example is WSEC (G54.4) on a FANUC, I haven't seen anything where it might be supported yet (but I haven't seen NX12 yet) OOTB.
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello could you please share a short code snipped what you like to see supported by CSE Fanuc. Mainly what is expected to be working.

Note:

As G86.2 is used in OOTB for swiveling cycles (support by CSE) and for 5 axis we do support these different Fanuc modes like G43.4/5 (support by CSE) functions.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Phenom
Phenom
Hi Thomas,
NX12 beta - I took the impeller sample and mounted it in the sim 6 mm machine. I set the mcs zero to the bottom and posted nc file. Then I had a G68.2 X Y Z I J K (smaller values in all of them) in front of the G43.4 with a matching Euler transform of the stock to match that. I am using machine code simulate against the G code file (so I can edit.) Not having much luck so far - but that is what I hope works (in case that is enough explanation.)
Thanks, Study.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

I will add the post needs to be set to be in table mode for the TCP. That may be a requirement for G68.2 with G43.4 (by a Fanuc 31i.) This same capability is (supposed to be) possible on a Siemens 840D issuing a fixture offset with a rotation about linears and using traori (rotaries will adjust as well as tooltip locations accordingly to achieve a transformed position.)

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Thomas,

I created a test and PM'd a link to the file.

Thanks, Study

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom
Opened IR with GTAC.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information