cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE - Offset using MCS fixture number 54 instead of 1 - Fanuc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In my CAM geometry view I like to use for G54 post output the MCS with fixture offset numbers 54. The OOTB examples using 1 instead. When I simply change the fixture offset number and try to simulate wiht OOTB I get an error message:

Machine Tool Simulation_2016-02-12_09-32-49.jpg

How can I customize my CSE MCF/CCF driver to simulate correctly?

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software
9 REPLIES

Re: CSE - Offset using MCS fixture number 54 instead of 1 - Fanuc

Siemens Phenom

That can be customized inside the MCF/CCF. Two topics are important

1) Parameter of the command LoadOffset need to be changed. This is used inside the method GMe_ActivateOffset
     That triggers which MCS number should be used
     OOTB               G54 --> LoadOffset (... 1 )

Required        G54 --> LoadOffset(... 54 )

1.png

2) The system method setOffsetSysVar, which sets the correct Fanuc # variable with the offset values need to be adjusted.

2.png

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

I would consider using fixture offset 1 for G54, to keep the NX geometry group more generic, and let the post do the math. To the programmer, it is the first offset.

For example, what happens if your next machine wants E1 or G54.1P1?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I too recommend starting at 1 in NX and incrementing

- Okumas use G51 Hn, n = 1 to whatever

- Fanuc (and a lot of others) (as Mark said) use G54-G59; then G54.1Pn (n = 1 to whatever)

- Siemens uses G54-G57, then G505-whatever

- I'm sure there's other variations

If you let your post do the mapping, then there's a lot less issues moving a program from machine to machine.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

And if users get "confused", name the MCS object itself to "G54" or whatever

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for this. I'm having the same request as the OP. We too use 54-59 for G54-G59. I think you will have to make the following modification to setOffsetSysVar:

5200Variables.jpg

The way you have it would output #5200 for G54 where it should be #5220 since 54-54=0 and 20*0+5200=5200.

I was hoping to piggyback off of this post and address the extended offsets questions from above. I have a GTAC ticket open but it was suggested I post on this topic. The way we do extended offsets is we put in 1 through 48 into the Fixture Offset field and our Post outputs G54.1 P1 when we enter "1", G54.1 P2 when we enter "2", etc. If you see above, I've taken care of the work offset variable assignment for this case but how would I need to change the metacode G54.1 to correctly pick up my offsets? My standard offsets work because each offset is its own metacode but with G54.1, the P numbers change. I've added G54.1 but I can only use 1 number shown below:

G54.jpg

G54.1.jpg

The software won't allow multiple nodes of the same metacode so would I need to modify the P address maybe? I also don't have access to a lot of methods, GMe_ActivateOffset being one of them.

Thank you for your time.

Adam

Phenom
Phenom

I would second @Ken_A & @MarkRief

Offset numbers count from 1 in NX and the post does the maths

on machines that have G54-59 then G54.1 P1-999

1=G54

:

6=G54

7=G54.1P1

:

1005=G54.1P999

any other scheme breaks when we change posts.

for a while we did 

1-6 G54-59

101-148 = G54.1P1-48

Then we bought a machine that has 999 offsets

Creator
Creator

Hi agrivas,

Please forgive my stubbornness but our posts already deal with the work offsets appropriately. I'm not sure of the math you guys are referring to. If it's just the math to output the correct G54-G59 or G54.1 P##, our post already handles that. All the posts for all our machines use this method and all our programmers are used to this system. Since our machines only go up to G54.1 P48, using "54" for G54 or "58" for G58 makes sense for us right now. The OOTB posts that I've seen simply take the Fixture Offset number and add 53 then output that G word.

My request is having to do with the MCF file being able to pick up an extended offset MCS. I imagine it'd involve changing the G54.1 metacode and the P address slightly to suit our needs, but I'm having trouble tweaking it becuase the FanucFamily.CCF file has those two as read only so I can't even copy them to modify them.

Thanks for the responses, any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

I can understood if you like to do the customization inside the driver you can do as i suggested below for G54 G55 etc, for G54.1 Pxx you need to do it too. Below what is behind the OOTB G54.1 implementation. You need to do customize that then in your MCF with related additional math.

Hope it helps

XML-Fanuc-G54.1.jpg

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Thomas,

Thank you! This is very helpful. I was able to modify it to our system. It works perfectly!

Thank you again!

Adam

Learn online

Solution Information