Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE/PP/Program Manager - Current Operation in CSE Subprogram

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello everybody,

I have some issues with the PP CSE and Program Manager dependency. When I run my CSE simulation, I want to see the current operation highlighted in the operation navigator. I works totaly fine if I post my Code into one single file.

Now I implemented subprogram calls for the second layer of program folders. I post the subprogram files into cse_files/subprog in the prt directory. With every new subprogram I also call the MOM_start_subroutine procedure. Unfortunately the CSE does not "know" which operation is the currently processed operation. The highlighting and the shown toolpath stay at the first operation until a new folder has begun.

So the question is:

How does the CSE determine a new operation?

Do I need to initiate something to tell the CSE where an operation ends?

I'm using NX 11.0.2. If you need further information, just ask.

Greez

Alex

2 REPLIES

Re: CSE/PP/Program Manager - Current Operation in CSE Subprogram

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hallo Alex,

I am not sure if I fully understood, but please check out the example sim03_mill_4ax_cam_sinumerik_tombstone.prt.

This outputs a subprogram for each operation and one overall main program. In that configuration the program which is simulated is highlighted in the ONT too.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Re: CSE/PP/Program Manager - Current Operation in CSE Subprogram

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hallo Thomas,

thanks for your quick reply. It pushed me into the right direction. By checking out the example, I found the MOM_start_subroutine proc was called with only the operation's name.

I also read through this description

http://docplayer.net/61052148-Nx-cam-simulation-program-manager-unrestricted-siemens-ag-realize-inno...

My mistake was, that I called the MOM_start_soubroutine with the whole directory and file suffix. I would appreciate if you could describe the procedure in the MOM browser or the NX Help. It is a kind of a black box to me.

Thanks again, the CSE works perfectly fine now.

Learn online

Solution Information