Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE Python Parser Runtime Debugging Update Request

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As of Aug, 2017 this was not working.

Any update on this fuctionality for NX11 or NX12?

3 REPLIES

Re: CSE Python Parser Runtime Debugging Update Request

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

unfortunately it´s still not possible with Eclipse/PyDev. We also tried the python debug in VS2015 without any success.

Thomas

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

FYI now found time to figure out how to attach to nx process to debug python files.

The key is to use Visual Studio 2017 with PTVS (python tools for visual studio) with the following description:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/python/debugging-mixed-mode-c-cpp-python-in-visual-stu...

When you have opened the python scripts in Visual Studio and set your breakpoints you can jump into it by attaching to ugraf.exe process. Important is that the simulation has been started so that there is the python process to attach. You can see that in Type coloumn on ugraf.exe process Python, x64

2018-07-13 09_23_21-Windows 10 x64 - VMware Workstation 14 Player (Non-commercial use only).png

I also tried a more lightweight way with Visual Studio Code and PyCharm but for any reasons I didn´t get it to work.

I had also some problems to define symbol files for debugging on another PC, where I tried to reproduce the installation steps to create a small step by step desciption. didn´t get it to work too on this PC.

When I find more time I will create a small TechTip video.

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information