Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CSE - Simulation Cycle Times

Creator
Creator

Thomas, so do these settings apply on top of what are in MTB? These only apply to how the machine moves hence the cycle time, it will not change my ouput/ G-code file, right? I found this in a marco file that run on my machine. The CPA command is much like the G10 in Fanuc. it is basiclly setting "Working Jerk" and "Leap On Edge" for the different axes. is there an OFTB CSE that has some of these settings used so i can use it as an example?HSM_Settings.gif

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

exactly.. the cse functions are called from G code commands.

The movements are part of the motion planing in cse. This has nothing to do with the postprocessor or the cam settings. So the G code will not be changed. 

As I mentioned I´m not an expert for OSAI. I found in a manual the G27 command. It seems that this G code is used to influence the motion planing. There are different options available. Sinumerik control and Fanuc in OOTB samples using commands  for different motion planing modes. 

As an example here is the implementation from FANUC G9 (exact stop),  G61 (exact Stop), G62 (Automatic override for inner corners, G63 (Tapping Mode) and G64 (Cutting Mode)

<Metacode Accessibility="ReadName"> <Name>G61</Name> <Execute> <Command> <Name>SetLinearFlyBy</Name> <Param>FALSE</Param> </Command> <Command> <Name>SetRapidFlyBy</Name> <Param>FALSE</Param> </Command> </Execute> <Description>Activates modal exact stop for rapid and feed motions</Description> </Metacode> <Metacode Accessibility="ReadName"> <Name>G62</Name> <Execute> <Command> <Name>SetLinearFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> <Command> <Name>SetRapidFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> </Execute> <Description>Activates modal corner override for rapid and feed motions</Description> </Metacode> <Metacode Accessibility="ReadName"> <Name>G63</Name> <Execute> <Command> <Name>SetLinearFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> <Command> <Name>SetRapidFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> </Execute> <Description>Activates modal corner override for rapid and feed motions</Description> </Metacode> <Metacode Accessibility="ReadName"> <Name>G64</Name> <Execute> <Command> <Name>SetLinearFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> <Command> <Name>SetRapidFlyBy</Name> <Param>TRUE</Param> </Command> </Execute> <Description>Activates modal corner override for rapid and feed motions</Description> </Metacode>

I know it seems that it doesn´t really look like the macro you´ve call. But maybe you have to activate/deactivate the modes with the called G code command. At first I would find out which commands are available on your machine tool/control and which modes getting activated.

Thomas

Creator
Creator

Thomas, i am trying to use the machine data variables in my .ini file but i keep getting a parsing error, i used the OFTB example in sim17_vertical_turnmill_dualchannel-1.ini which formats it like so

##LANGUAGE NATIVE

; set machine data with channel axis names
$MC_AXCONF_CHANAX_NAME_TAB[0]="X1"
$MC_AXCONF_CHANAX_NAME_TAB[2]="Z1"

i am trying to use

##LANGUAGE NATIVE
$MC_LOOKAH_FREQUENCY[X1]="35"
$MC_LOOKAH_SMOOTH_FACTOR="50"
$MC_LOOKAH_SMOOTH_WITH_FEED="0"

i've tried many different formats but no luck

Siemens Phenom

The problem is that you execute ##LANGUAGE NATIVE twice. It makes sense only when you switch to ##LANGUAGE AC and then later again to ##LANGUAGE NATIVE.

Imagine this command as a switch between to different languages and you can´t set this switch twice in it´s current state. 

I expect that it works when you delete the second one.

btw. Any progress on the cycle time?

Thomas

Creator
Creator

no, this is just a cut and paste from two different files, here is my file

##LANGUAGE AC
SetDefaultMotionProfileType("JerkLimitedJump");

##LANGUAGE NATIVE
$MC_LOOKAH_FREQUENCY[AX1]="35"
$MC_LOOKAH_SMOOTH_FACTOR=50
$MC_LOOKAH_SMOOTH_WITH_FEED="0"

Creator
Creator

i just changed the first statement from JerkLimited to below and i commented out the Machine Data variables and i went from a cycle time of 4:59 to 2:08, recall the real cycle time is 3:10

SetDefaultMotionProfileType("JerkLimitedJump");

Siemens Phenom

Ah... forget my post with the switch of LANGUAGE AC/NATIVE.

The problem is you try to use Sinumerik syntax on a your OSAI control, which is Fanuc based. This will not work.

It seems we´re getting closer and closer. 

Creator
Creator

so there isn't any varaibles for the Fanuc outside of what is in my CCF/MCF?

Siemens Phenom

Fanuc variables follows this syntax e.g. #5021=1234 --> CSE supports this out of the box

The OSAI manual what I have tells me the following syntax:  

Local Variables: En = expression e.g. E7=81

User Variables: !name_var[(index)]= Expression  e.g. !ABC(1) = 125 

System Variables: SNn= expression e.g. SN20 = 326.957

--> unfortunately CSE doesn´t supports this out of the box BUT the existing FANUC parser can be customized/enhanced 

Thomas

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

i understand, i can you the Fanuc variables to customize. Sounds good. Bye the way, i changed to

SetDefaultMotionProfileType("Trapezoid"); and now my cycle time is 3:00 so i am very close. Thanks for all your help

Learn online

Solution Information