Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE Simulation: Invalid attempt to modify the transformation '$TOOL'

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I use the NX 10.0.2.6 and want to use head change machine simulation in CSE environment.

I can change first head in machine simulation environment and can run a toolpath using first head but when I changed the second head by using same NC code, I can load the second head but, as you can see below picture, in D1 line for active tool lenght, I get an error as "Invalid attempt to modify the transformation '$TOOL'...". I could not solve this problem and I don't have any idea. 

Can anybody help?

Thanks

2018-11-02_10-16-39.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CSE Simulation: Invalid attempt to modify the transformation '$TOOL'

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

as the message says. You try to modify an active transformation. In this case the $TOOL transformation.

In general Transformations in CSE must always be deactivated (CSE command 'ActivateTransformation') before they can be modified. To use the new offsets in the transformation. This trafo must then explicitly activated again.

Look into your D metacode and figure out why the transformation will not be deactivated. 

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have examined the D metacode in machine configurator. 

I believe I need to deactive the active transformation during the head change operation in head change program file. How can I deactive the active transformation?

Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As described in the cse documantation the second parameter specifies wheter the transformation is to be activated or not.

ActivateTransformation (<TransformationName>, <Active>, <Modal>)
Parameter
      • TransformationName
        Specifies the transformation, which activation state shall be changed
        Type: string

• Active
        Specifies, whether the transformation is to be activated (TRUE) or deactivated (FALSE)
        Type: boolean

• Modal
        Specifies, whether the activation state shall be set modally (TRUE) or setwise (FALSE)
        Type: boolean

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information