Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CSE : Traori with two tools on same Z axis problem

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello all,

I have a problem to set my MCF for my CSE machine (Modulo400 Sin840d, 5 axis XYZ and BC), the problem is when I use Traori mode with the second tool (T3).

First, I have to create two chains, first for T1 and second ones for T3, after I have modifying GMe_ActivateToolCorrection to use R103 & R104 for T3, this is for offset X & Z between T1 to T3.

This setting do work correctly for cycle800 but not for Traori mode.

Anyone have an idea where is the problem ?.

See below the sequence of my work :

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Christophe

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CSE : Traori with two tools on same Z axis problem

Creator
Creator

Sorry, but if you define TWO kinematic chaines - you no need to add additional displacement for T3  or T1.

If you set active chain T1 - will be calculated tool offset for T1, for chain T3 - for tool T3. And for correct tool offset calculation you must define two SPINDLE devices, one for each tool. Must work.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I assume there must be two different TRAORI calls in NC Code. First one for left spindle (T1) in TRAORI mode and the second one for right spindel (T3) in TRAORI mode.

You have to ensure to transfer the correct chain name (GV_strSwivelingChainName) in TRAORI metacode depending on current active spindle.

Thomas

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello Thomas & Cannabis Smiley Happy,

You are right, I added one spindle in my kinematics and it do works fine, but I still had to add the tranformation between T1 and T3.

2018-02-26_17-23-27.jpg

Thanks again Smiley Wink

Learn online

Solution Information