Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE - change radius Adress

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Good morning All,

Iam finishing simulation for Okuma - but I encountered a problem , refers to radius address. Iam using Fanuc familly controller - for this machine , it is much better than Okuma parser.

Still I cant workaround parser error about circular motions (G2/G3) , (L) address is required. Fanuc reads IJK and R , but R doesnt work on this machine model, and I dont want to use I J K.

Is there any way to replace (L) on (R) in machine configurator ??

I have used the CSEPreprocessLine method for non -identified commands for the okuma and as such it is ok. But I can not handle with the radius.

Below I attach photos, there everything is well visible. Trying to made my own address (L) by using SetCircleParameter , but I do not know if it's a good way.

Best regards, Jacob

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making
4 REPLIES

Re: CSE - change radius Adress

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Replacing R with L doesn´t work with CSEPreprocessLine?

2017-06-29 16_08_52-XML Notepad - C__Users_feind_AppData_Local_Temp_re_md_tp_1498555438807.xml_.jpg

Which error message comes up?

Keep in mind that you have to handle "R" instead of "L" in MCF/CCF when replacing L with R

The simplest implementation for R metacode can look like this.

2017-06-29 16_15_14-XML Notepad - C__Users_feind_AppData_Local_Temp_re_mc_tp_1498555438807.xml_.jpg

Thomas

Hey Thomas - Thank You very much for a quick reply.

I had same idea with R address , but I forgot to put "R" in param - thanks for tip Smiley Happy

Replacing R with L work with CSEPreprocessLine , but with a little combination, below:

<Name>CSEPreprocessLine</Name>
<Param>strLine</Param>
<Execute>
<AssignCommand>
<Variable>strLine</Variable>
<Value>replaceSubstr("G270 SP=1",strLine," ")</Value>
</AssignCommand>
<AssignCommand>
<Variable>strLine</Variable>
<Value>replaceSubstr(" L",strLine," R")</Value>
</AssignCommand>
<ReturnCommand>
<Value>strLine</Value>
</ReturnCommand>
</Execute>

Before R and L in replaceSubstr i put space , because without space - parser catch global occurence of L. For example, if I use subprogram for  TurretRotation.prg , inside there is ##LANGUAGE NATIVE , so after csepreprocess parser gets error with unknow ##(R)ANGUAGE NATIVE - so thats why I need to secure this by adding "[space]L"  and "[space]R" .

better.png
Anyway , it works , and I will set this topic as solution.
But I dont know , if this is a good way - I mean CSEpreprocessLine is MAJOR helpfull method there, but I should know another ways to do it. About adress R :: I wrote metacode according to your guidelines :

<Name>R</Name>
<Param>Value</Param>
<Execute>
<Command>
<Name>SetCircleParameter</Name>
<Param>"R"</Param>
<Param>Value</Param>
</Command>
</Execute>

But after this I got new error Smiley Happy 
CSE ERROR: The programed target point is not in the circle path (start point: 0 , target point 2.225) Big discrepancy , so I set in machine configurator Motion Precision as: 0.05 mm as a standard value. Anyway , it wont help - so just i swtich off R adress . Still wondering why building new R metacode - disturb simulation.

I wish I could see all the ready metacodes inside xml, some of them I have marked as RED dot - is there a way to look into them ? I have licenses as advance mode.

access.jpg

Thomas - Thanks again for the tip Smiley Happy

Best regards , Jacob

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jacob,

thanks for your feedback.

Sorry I uploaded the wrong screenshot with a typo.

The parameter in SetCircleParameter command is "Radius" instead of "R" 

2017-06-30 11_11_17-XML Notepad - C__Users_feind_AppData_Local_Temp_re_mc_tp_1498813457636.xml_.jpg

And yes the CSEPreprocessLine is a powerful but also dangerous method and should only be used in exception cases. This method has a huge perfomance impact becaus each line is always checked against the conditions inside. 

The alternative to that method is to customize the python parser by your own. This is possible since NX11 with manual and the non compiled python scripts. Currently I´m working on a TechTip session how to do that. (Py files are version depend, so NX11 py files will not work in prior versions)

It´s not possible to look into the red doted metacodes excerpt you work in our department ;-)

Thomas

Hello Thomas ,

Thank You very very much again for Your help and all tips - I followed Your guidelines.

I'm sorry that I answered so late, I was on vacation far beyond computer range.

In the subject of OKUMA (cse in C1 spindle side ) now everything works as it should be for turn and mill operations - I only need to finish the cse for the counterspindle in C2 (not so easy ) Smiley Happy

Best regards , Jacob

Learn online

Solution Information