Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE - kinematic of milling machine with three rotary axis

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi,

I want to ask what is the best way, how to handle switching between 3 rotary axis.

I have milling machine where are these axis X,Y,Z,A,B,C . I create kinematic, but now I don't know how to switch between modes - one mode is 5axis with AC, second mode is 5axis with BC axis , maybe third one is 5axis machine with AB - but its not used.

I try to do it thru 2 kinematic chains, but no success. If I change kinematic chain manualy it works fine, but Im not able to find way how to do it automatically?

Can anybody give me a hint how to do it?

Attached is printscreen of my test kinematic model, base is from sim09.

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing
4 REPLIES

Re: CSE - kinematic of milling machine with three rotary axis

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Ondrej,

the key variable is "GV_strSwivelingChainName"

This global variable is used as parameter in 5 axis transformation cse functions (calculateIKSLinears/angles, SetkinematicTransformation, ...) for TRAORI, TCARR, PLANE, G68.2, etc.

You have to find out which command on the real controller switches the current active chain. Which controller uses the machine? Maybe you can add a simple M code to switch between the chains.

Hope that helps

Thomas

Solution Partner Genius

Hi Thomas,

Yes i played with this variable, but .... no succces. I set to NC code my M fuctions to switch kinematic chain (just for try), but the worst problem was, that I wasnt able to switch this variable. Maybe I didnt use right command ... I tried SetVariable command, but if I want to set value as STRING ... it doesnt work. 

Is it possible to change this variable?

So I wonder in way that I use one kinematic chain and I only change what is rotary 1 (A or B) ... but I dont know if is it possible ... i try it manually and it works.

Thanks

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Ondrej,

don´t play with it ;-)

Use 'AssignCommand' to set value to this variable.

Thomas

Solution Partner Genius

Yes! ... quite easy :-) if you know what to do :-)

Thanks a lot.

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Learn online

Solution Information