Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE : mill turn TNC640 for Hermle

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello
I need to make the CSE for the HERMLE TNC640 machine
I have a problem.
How can I add turning to the basic example of TNC540?
For example, I want to add my command "FUNCTION MODE TURN", but the "machine configurator" does not allow me to do this.
I also need commands similar to "G96" and "G94", for example FUNCTION TURNDATA SPIN VCONST :.
I tried to create "CSEpreprocessline", but I can not add the command "G96" for replacement.

Thanks for any help

7 REPLIES

Re: CSE : mill turn TNC640 for Hermle

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

which NX Version do you use?

The required commands are supported with NX12

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

I use NX9 and NX10

Can i added this command in machine configurator? Maybe can I use other command from Sinumerik CNC? And use CSEpreprocessline? Example, i need command like "DIAMON" from "Sinumerik". Can i added "Siemens840D.CCF" in my TNC640 machine and use some commands from it?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Does NX 12 supports millturn machine with TNC640?

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

1.) You can add the commants to Machine Configurator but it will not work because the Parser have to be customized/enhanced to understand the new commands. Im not sure if you can catch all the new functions with CSEPreprocessLine. I would not suggest to try this.

2.) read the ***** manual Smiley Wink

2018-02-21 08_44_15-Siemens Documentation_ Machine tool simulation enhancements.png

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks, Thomas. I understood, how to do this for NX 12

But, maybe have some idea, how to do CSE for TNC640 millturn machine in NX9?

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

as I said, you have to enhance the Parser. The good news are, that you can do the customization by your own with the introduced Python parser in NX9. If you have implemented it within the Parser, you also have to implement the logic within the MCF/CCF file. The effort for both is high. If you familar with both technics (parser customization in python and advanced MCF/CCF customization) then you start with it. But if these fields are new for you I would suggest to ask other Partners/Users to do the service task.

We (NX Develpoment) can support you for specific questions but cannot do the service.

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your help!

Learn online

Solution Information