cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE rotated blank

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good morning!

I have my first CSE model for mill-turn CNC machine (not first, but first with surprise).

I have a lathe ZX spindle, I have M999 command to set lathe spindle as main spindle, I have blank component and all looks ok

Blank.png

before command S2000 M03 - my spindle rotating around Z axis, its ok, but my blank part, I thinking, have some transformation before start spindle rotation - see a pictures.

rot_blank.png

• I have only $TOOL and FIXED transformation in my MCF file
  • I check CSYS for MAIN_SPINDLE, PART, BLANK component - for all components same CSYS.

What a reason??

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: CSE rotated blank

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hello, please check your work plane junciton in the KIM component classified as LATHE-Spindle. See overview in the attachement. Thomas
Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you, Thomas!

I check it many-many times, my setting exact as on your picture. I rebuild blank&part geometry - now working ok. in any case - thank you very much.

CSE.png

But - new question.

I use ToolLenghtCompensation, but - if I use gelLCorrection() and getZCorrection() - tool compensation no applied. If I put just real values - working! Why?

getLCorrection.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

the tool compensation data need to be "getting" into the CSE so that the functions getQ/Z/L/Correction can deliver the correct values. An NC code is responsible to activate a certain tool compensation. In the OOTB example this is done with Dno (Sinumerik) or G43 Hno (for Fanuc). If that NC code is missing not values will be available. You might do these activation of the correction inside the tool change subprogram if you don't like to see it inside the NC code.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you, Thomas!

Yes, I understand, before getLQZCorrections I must do SetToolCorrection. I spend two days using SetToolCorrection - working for lenght1 and not for lenght2. In this case I use getToolParameter - WORKING! Thank you.

Next question, about debug box. After starting CSE simulation I add my variable for tracking:

dev_box1.png

But value ot this var never changed!!! And only if I try add NEW var into this box - var updated.

dev_box2.png

Can you advise more "online" method for tracking variables?

Learn online

Solution Information