Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE-simulation for 3 channels mill-turn EMCO HT65TT

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello, my friends!

Now I can show my last project, CSE-simulation for 3 channels mill-turn EMCO, see a video.

All cnc-programms - from real CNC.

But I have few questions:

1. On real CNC I must upload all 3 independent files for each channel, all tougether. But for start I must select ONLY ONE file, for 1st channel, for example. And for 2nd and 3rd channels from channel 1 will be call like this:

INIT(2,"TEST1_ch2")
INIT(3,"TEST1_ch3")
START(2,3)

Question is - how I can simulate a same call ? Can I start from channel #1 nc-programm "TEST1_ch2" for channel #2?

2. How I can organize "cycle" after M30? I want to rewind my programms for all channels and start all from first lines?

10 REPLIES

Re: CSE-simulation for 3 channels mill-turn EMCO HT65TT

Solution Partner Phenom

One mistic problem for this project:

Working ch1 and ch2, both - turning.

main spindle for ch1 - C1

main spindle for ch2 - C2

M05 in ch2! ( if getChannelName()=="2" GMe_SetSpindleMode for C2  5)

I see on axes table C2 - stopped. C1 - rotating, cw, 2000 speed

But next motion in ch1 with error message " Error in IPW module, see syslog"  This message will be if you turning and spindle unettempted STOP.

I dont understand....

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Yuri,

1. Thanks for sharing your project. Really nice work and good presentation! *thumbsup* *like* ;-) Good to so such impressive work and the capabilities with CSE in NX CAM.

2.1. CallRemoteSubProg is the key. I have not tested it but it should work. With that command you can call a subrprog in the given remote channel. NOTE: The given channel must be inactive. This means either the channel has stopped on M30 or the channel has no program assigned.

2.2. Instead of calling SetEndSubprog with M30 you can fire a Label call and jump back to the end of the program. So to say you´re in a permanent loop until you press Reset. The Label call itself must be implemented with the Parser (Python). In XML it´s not possible to do the implementation.

2.3. please send me the syslog

Thomas

Solution Partner Phenom

@thomasfeind - Thanks for your assistance, I try to use CallRemoteSubProg - I use List[] parameter, and for channel name and for sub name I use STRING(List[0])  and List[1] - no results, I have a unusual message -

INIT_1.png

Solution Partner Phenom
I have a little Win Victory - INIT try to find my programm for 2nd channel, but I have a message - "Programm TEST1_CH2 not found"
I upload my progs into "sub_programm" folder - no results

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Did you look in the syslog to see if there is info about where it is looking for 2nd channel program?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Phenom

@Ken_A, yes, of course. I open log, but last record about dialog box "Program not found"... 

Siemens Phenom

Hi Yuri,

sorry for my late response. I didn´t found time to reproduce this issue on my computer. 

Please chekc the following:

1.) Assign emtpy programs to channel 2 and 3 and execute then your INIT lines

2.) Assign programs with one comment line per channel to channel 2 and 3 execute then your INIT lines

3.) Assign programs with M30 inside to channel 2 and 3 execute then your INIT lines

Unfortunately I´m not very familar with the command callRemoteSubProg. ISV/CSE needs a call stack for each channel to handle them. So maybe I have to revise my first suggestion that the channels must be empty when executing the callRemoteSubprog.

Hope that helps and looking forward to your feedback

Thanks

Thomas

Siemens Phenom
Hi Yuri,

no I had time to test it.
It works when the 2 or 3 channel stops on an M30. The underlaying CSE command is 'SetEndSubProg' which must be executed in the "remote" channel(s) that they are able to retrieve an program from another channel. So the mentioned option 3 should work.

Thomas

Solution Partner Phenom

Thanks, Thomas! I will test it.

Learn online

Solution Information