cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE - take 1:1 Toolchangeprogram of machine

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

it is possible to take the original Toolchange subprogram of a machine ?

We have a Hermle with Heidenhain. Inside there is the Toolchangeprogram. Its a toolchange.h file. Can i use this file like a 208.h 1to1 in the CSE ?

bye

NC Programmer
NX 8.5.3.3
4 REPLIES

Re: CSE - take 1:1 Toolchangeprogram of machine

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

overall the answer is a clear yes, that is how the CSE works. In most cases some customization is needed when going that way. That depends on what is part of the subprogram and if all that is part of the MCF/CCF. For sure the OOTB CCF do not include any special Machine tool OEM stuff, but can be customized.

Hope it helps

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Spacetom,

thanks for short and direct request. Thats what i want to listen. I also have think that, because everything is inside the toolchange.h You only need to customize a bit the CSE. Not more. Not rebuild the complete toolchange function.

bye

NC Programmer
NX 8.5.3.3

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sure .. you can use it but you have to check which parts of it are PLC related and which parts are NC related. For the PLC part is customization needed which means you have to customize the part where the tool mount process starts. CSE emulates the NC (e.g. iTNC, Sinumerik) and not the PLC (e.g. Simatic S7). For PLC driven axis/processes you need the AnyController capability. Keep in mind that, in the most cases, there is no much benefit to simulate the entire toolchange process from the machine subprogram. In the most cases its fully sufficent to pop the tool into the spindle.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Thomas,

i think i understand what you mean. Here a snippet of the tool change program (inside)

29 LBL 2
30 ;   * wait plc request
31 FN 20: WAIT FOR  B2301!=0
32 ; * Q8 1 = tool change required 2 = end

Something like that.

You need to read, understand what happen while this function and translate to clear code.

bye

NC Programmer
NX 8.5.3.3

Learn online

Solution Information