Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CYCLE800

Using the OOTB post "mill_5axis_actt_Sinumerik_840D_mm" and specified Transformation > Swiveling in my NXCAM program.

When the toolaxis is unequal to the ZM axis, CYCLE800 is outputted as expected.

When the toolaxis is equal to the ZM axis, No CYCLE800 is outputted. -in theory its not needed-

How can I force the post to output CYCLE800, even is there are no transformations/rotations, meaning all locations/angles set to zero?

By default CYCLE800 uses the XYZ rotation order. When flipping the part around the Y-axis (pointing outward the table), this will result in a swiveling (A180 B0 C0) with Y-axis pointing inwards the table. This is not very friendly to the operator and I would like to see a swivle around the Y-axis (A0 B180 C0, this way orientation on machine of WCS wil stay the same)

How can I specify a rotation order of ZYX?

Hopefully anyone can help me out. I have to tell, Im quit new to postbuilder and TCL stuff.

Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.0
8 REPLIES

Re: CYCLE800

For your second issue, you can try using the ROTATE UDE (use the option "rotref" / "Reference Only - No Output") to see if you can "influence" the output (it may or may not work, but if it works, you can then use coding in your post to emulate the UDE)  Try different values for the rotary axes to try to make the "shortest" move to be the one you want.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

How can apply a UDE in postbuilder? Should This be set/ called in the CYCLE800 proc?
Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero

I would test the UDE manually.

Then, if it works....

Take out the UDE from the op (or just set status = inactive)

Then look at the variables defined by the UDE, and the handler code for the UDE, and replicate what you need  (easiest to just set the variables & call the UDE handler proc)

You'll probably need some logic when to apply (or not apply)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Found something that seems to work.

in PB_CMD_output_coord_rotation:

# Output CYCLE800
     } else {
        set cycle800_dir $mom_rotary_direction_4th
        set cycle800_st 200000
        set cycle800_mode 57
        set coord_ang_1 $coord_ang_A
        set coord_ang_2 $coord_ang_B
        set coord_ang_3 $coord_ang_C
        PB_call_macro CYCLE800
     }

You can switch the $coord_ang_ABC parameters to match the cycle800_mode parameter.

Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero

Anyone have an idea how to force the output of CYCLE800 even when rotations are zero.
I want to substitute the rotation values with R parameters
Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero

My cycle800 post does this and I'm having my reseller do the opposite. We are trying to figure out how to make it not post cycle800 again if there is no rotation. If cycle800(1,xxxxxx) then it forces Z retract which happens on every tool path.

NX11.0.1

Right now we are trying to do some programming so that if there is no rotation it still posts Cycle800 but Cycle800(0,xxxxx) which means no retract.
NX11.0.1

Dstryr,
I am having the exact same issue. Did you come up with a solution yet?

Learn online

Solution Information