Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Can't create Manufacturing Part related to current Part

I've run into a new problem with my NX 11 install.  I'm trying to go through the Manufacturing Tutorials, but cannot create a new Manufacturing part file based off of an existing open file.  I keep getting the following error:

Error Trying to create new Manufacturing Part File.PNG

I've attache my Sys Log...in it there is the following error code: 1990005.  I know I was able to do this successfully awhile back...not sure what I might have changed.  Although, I did get a 2-tier install of TC working since then, but this is happening in an unmanaged NX instance.  

Thanks for any help!
Andrew

5 REPLIES

Re: Can't create Manufacturing Part related to current Part

From the pictures you share it looks like NX may think that a different assembly part is the part file being referenced. Is the spindle.prt file what you are trying to create a setup for, or was that just the fixturing in the manufacturing assembly? If this is the case, change the reference to the part you are going to machine.

Sadly it's not that simple.  I'm referencing the correct file I'd like to make the "Turning (Express)" setup for.  I'm actually trying to work through the tutorial on creating a simple turning process.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎07-07-2017 02:22 PM

[ Edited ]

Look at the contents of the file C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\mach\resource\configuration\cam_express.dat . Check that all the files referenced there exist - in particular C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\mach\resource\user_def_event\ude.cdl.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks Mark!
I didn't have C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\mach\resource\user_def_event\ude.cdl, so replacing that from a coworkers machine fixed my problem.

Cheers,

Andrew

Glad it worked, but keep in mind you should never touch any files in C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\mach\resource. I would find out why the file was missing. If you are customizing, you should use a copy of the resource folder, not the one in the install. If you are not familiar with this, take a look at this video.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information