Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select path for analysis in tool path visualization replay with NX 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

When I am in toolpath verification replay the selection radius will not select the display path for analysis as with previous versions 

11 REPLIES

Re: Can't select path for analysis in tool path visualization replay with NX 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Found old display path stuck displayed on another level, deleted old path and now its working...weird!! 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

if there is something weird or some problem exists - report it to GTAC

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok, recreated the issue when I use "toolpath analysis"  application on more than one toolpath in a row, it becomes buggy and stuck then crashes!. I let GTAC know, so we will see

Experimenter
Experimenter

Did you ever get a solution from GTAC? Users are running into this problem still and I have the latest NX12.0.2 installed for them. Did you get a PR#?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes the PR9014902 states:

Dear Customer,
Our NX development team has investigated PR Number 9014902 and
determined that the software is working as designed. If you would like to
discuss this further, please call GTAC at 1-800-955-0000 or 1-714-952-5444
and select the appropriate support group. If you wish, the representative will
connect you with the appropriate development supervisor, Gopal Srinath.

The problem where it is not possible to select a path for analysis in tool
path visualization replay in NX12 has been investigated and the following has
been found. The software is actually working as intended. In NX12.0 we have
changed the behavior of Refresh (F5) so that it no longer removes the path
from the display. To remove the display deselect the operation. If the Tool
Path Analysis dialog is opened and then closed the colors will remain computed
by the Tool Path Analysis tool even if another operation is selected.

Sincerely,
The Global Technical Access Center Team
----------------------------------
This works sometimes but ultimatly closing and reopening the part file will clear it.

Regards

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for replying.

Does not seem like this is working as intended if we both need to close and reopen a part to fix.

I think the guys are going to make a test block and show them what is wrong. I will let you know if we get anywhere.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

seems that the discussion is about 2 unrelated topics. the initial issue is about the ability to select a point along the tool path in Verify>> Replay and the tool does not show there. this was a bug in 12.0.2 and was fixed in MP2. please try it and let me know if it was not resolved.

the PR response claiming that "it works as designed" refers to the fact that without any dialog open (not Verify!) hitting the F5 or Zoom All would not make the displayed path go away. this indeed works as designed. we are in a journey to get rid of Verify and later Tool path base simulation and replace it with ribbon controls that will be available without the need to get into a dedicated tool:

PoP.jpg 

The idea in general is that whichever operations are selected from the ONT will sow up on the screen allowing you to place the tool there, play it, display and update the IPW (3D), show the machine tool position etc. 

with the intention to implement these, we could not preserve the previous behavior where F5, Zoom All and some other commands deletes the toolpath from the screen.

BTW - we would like to get more feedback about the new ribbon commands. for those having an EAP version already - please share your feedback. if you do not have an EAP version and want to try it out - please contact me directly.

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Experimenter
Experimenter

Testing with 12.0.2 MP2 does work if you have “Display Selected Objects” checked (default) in manufacturing preferences.

If “Display Selected Objects” is unchecked, then replay multiple toolpaths at the same time, the last tool path you selected sticks in the display window and will not go away unless user “Regenerates View”.  After the toolpath sticks if user goes to verify toolpath at any point in “tool path visualization” menu, on the replay tab, they will not be able to select points on the toolpath to snap the cutter to. 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Ktexter,

Thanks for your additional input. tried it and could not reproduce the problem. In your description you refer to Replay. we have 2 ways to represent the toolpath. Replay is the old one and Display is the new. Replay is still being cleaned up with F5. only Display sticks.

can you please explain how you selected to Replay?

Thanks

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information