cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view the videos on this when i click on link it gives me no options to pick

Pioneer
Pioneer

as the above subject line

10 REPLIES

Hi "oldengineer",   Sorry to hear you're having issues wi...

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi "oldengineer",

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the videos. Are you having trouble viewing all videos in this forum?

Regards,

Aaron 

Make Better Parts Faster!
Aaron Frankel (Community Manager)

Re: Hi "oldengineer", Sorry to hear you're having issues wi...

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi,

Yes i cannot view any of them....

when i go into the forum and click on a link i am sent to the correct page
but then there are no signs of where to get the video's from ...links etc

Wayne Hawkins

Production Engineer
Doncasters Aerospace Components
Shrewsbury
SY1 4DP

Tel: 01743454300 (EXT 228)
Fax:: 01743454397
E-mail whawkins@doncasters.com
This e-mail is sent on behalf of Doncasters. Its contents are confidential to the recipient and may be legally privileged.

If you are not the intended recipient:

(1) you must not disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use its contents in any way;
(2) please contact Doncasters on +44 (0) 1743 454351 (IT administration) quoting the name and sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

For general enquiries please contact +44 (0) 1743 454300.

Doncasters has scanned this e-mail for viruses but does not accept any responsibility for viruses once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Doncasters Aerospace Limited, registered in England no. 4095261, at Millennium Court, First Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WH, UK.

Re: Hi "oldengineer",   Sorry to hear you're having issues wi...

Hi Wayne,

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, but I'll check around to see if there might be an easy fix to this.

It could be a browser setting/compatability issue. What browser and version are you using? Or, it may be that your corporate IT department has blocked access our video server. Just curious, have you tried to access the videos from outside your work network with a different computer?

Regards,
Aaron

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi

We are using ie8 it is possible that corporate policies have had an effect

just seems strange i have no links on the page for the video at all even
if they we filtered you would expect to see some sign of a link or linked
picture

regards

Wayne Hawkins

Production Engineer
Shrewsbury
SY1 4DP

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Doncasters. Its contents are confidential to the recipient and may be legally privileged.

(1) you must not disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use its contents in any way;
(2) please contact Doncasters on +44 (0) 1743 454351 (IT administration) quoting the name and sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

Doncasters has scanned this e-mail for viruses but does not accept any responsibility for viruses once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Doncasters Aerospace Limited, registered in England no. 4095261, at Millennium Court, First Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WH, UK.

Hi Wayne,

Are you able to see the video in this post?

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/TV-NX-Manufacturing/Demonstration-of-NX-Turbomachiner...

Aaron

Pioneer
Pioneer
this is what i get

Wayne Hawkins

Production Engineer
Shrewsbury
SY1 4DP

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
hmmm. a bunch of empty white space. this is what i am able to see....

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/1004/album-id/171/image-id/...

i still haven't heard about anyone else experiencing this issue, but i'm not through checking.

Aaron

Hi Wayne,

Just wanted to give an update. I did check and wasn't able to find anyone else experiencing the same issue that you are. Someone did suggest having you try and see if you can access YouTube videos from your office (here's a link to one of our previous tech tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxwdoRIMSpI&list=PL387EA21A892580AC&index=1). If you are unable to, this may be an indication that your IT department is blocking access to various video sites like ours.

We are going to file a case with our communtiy platform vendor to see if they have more experience with this - they may be able to immediately diagnose that your inability to see the video player is an indication that our video server is blocked by your work network.

Thank you for your patience.
Aaron

Hi Wayne,

After submitting a help ticket to our community platform provider, we received the following suggestion. If you are willing to work through this, please try the following and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Aaron

Hi - ,

Please ask the user to do the following:

1. Clear cache/cookies
2. Attempt to view on separate browsers
3. On the chosen browser that has this issue, see if disabling any add-ons affects visibility

If the user continues to experience the problem, please let us know.

Regards,
(Lithium Customer Support)

Learn online

Solution Information