Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see default list of UDE (user defined events)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Here is a picture of UDE options that I can see. This is not with every file but with some. How to change it back to see default UDE list? Default ude file ude.cdl is correct. Postprocessor is not configured to user defined ude file. What I noticed is that this happens after machine from library is added to file for simulation. Before that UDE list is compleate. Strange.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cant see default list of UDE (user defined events)

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello @Timoty ,

Please try to add the ude.cdl file as in the image below in your postprocessor.

Untitled.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jean Marcel
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions | PROLIM PLM

Re: Cant see default list of UDE (user defined events)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

if you don't want to add the .CDL to the post (I never do) there are a couple possibilites:

1) create a CAM configuration (%UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\configuration\*.dat file), pointing to the correct .cdl file.  After opening the part, if you switch to that configuration (Preferences -> Manufacturing -> Configuration tab -> select .dat file & "OK") do the UDEs show up?

2) Check the "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\YOUR_MACHINE_HERE" folder for your machine.  there should be a .dat file See if something is set in the .DAT file (I could swear, at some point, I saw a .dat file that pointed at a UDE file, but I can't seem to find an example now - maybe I'm confusing this with the CSE line?)

3) Try opening a new session of NX. Open a part that has "no" UDEs.  Look thru the syslog (File -> Help-> Log file) to see if there are any errors (try searching for "cdl") -maybe there's an error in the CDL file so it doesn't get read.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information