cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change C0 in middle of program

Pioneer
Pioneer

This questions is both for programming and for G-Code machine simulation...

I am looking for a way to change the C0 location in the middle of a program. The process is.... There is a locating pin in a round fixture, and for G54 and G55 I want C0 to be with the pin at the 12' oclock position. For G56, G57, & G58 (which are tilted up at A-90 on a trunnion) I want C0 to be with the pin at the 6'oclock position.

I would normally program with the C0 at the same location throughout the program, but we have some legacy parts that were programmed in the manner stated above and I am trying to set-up G-Code Simulation for them. I also would like to be able to create a program from scratch in this manner because some people prefer it setup that way.

NX 9.0.3

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
3 REPLIES

Re: Change C0 in middle of program

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by a Coordinate System Conversion Functions (optional)

Parallel Shift and Rotation of Coordinate Systems (G11,G10)?

EDS UG V3 -UG V15 UNIX; UGS UG V6 -UG V19 - NX-NX5 UNIX/MS; Siemens NX6-NX11 MS

Pioneer
Pioneer

Holloman,

Thanks for the reply, but I am not understanding what you are saying. Are you talking about in the G-code itself? I am looking for ways to do it in NX, both in the CAM operations side and in the Machine Simulation side. Sorry if I misunderstood your answer.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In NX: Set up a (geometry group) MCS object with the correct origin/orientation.

But somehow you'll have to tell the machine control that "C0" is not where IT thinks C0 is, hence the need for G10 (or whatever) in your code.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information