Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing the MCS re-orders operations ! 9.0.3.4

Today after working with the machine operator on a very complex job we decided that one tool needs to have its own work offset, no problem, I thought. I created a new MCS and added the new fixture offset. To my amazement when I edited the operation some strange things started to happen. 1.) When I selected the new geometry object, yes the only geometry objects are MCS objects, the operation navigator changed to the geometry view. 2.) The operation I changed went to the bottom of the current program group. This is DANGEROUS. This is an existing program and all I wanted to do was, IMHO, make a simple change. If we cannot trust the software to make a simple change like this we are going to be second guessing everything we do.

Yes, I submitted an IR # 7224337 with a . avi of this

NX 9.0.3.4

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
4 REPLIES

Re: Changing the MCS re-orders operations ! 9.0.3.4

I am running 8.5 and now that I see this thread I think it happened to me just the other day. I will have to got try that agian.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NX 8.5.2.3 MP3 Teamcenter 8
Dell M6700 i7-3740QM 8GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M

John,

Moving the operation to the endor the program group is not expected, so glad you logged the IR, which has been converted to a PR. I am sure it has to do with the instances. Without those, the operation stays right where it is in the program group.

Regarding the Operation Navigator view changing to geometry, I have never seen that, and I cannot duplicate it, even in your part, in 9.0.3 MP2. I'll let the GTAC folks take a closer look at it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks Mark,

I will get the MP's downloaded and installed. 

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

If all goes well, NX 9.0.3 MP2 should be available by the end of the week.

Don't forget that there is additional functionality in MP1 and MP2, so be sure and review the Product Notes and What's New Guide.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information