cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Groups

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Would it be possible to make an enhancement request for creation component groups to not require an advanced assemblies license?  There are a lot of times making component groups would be a huge help for different manufacturing setups in CAM.

Thanks,

Kurt Francis

JSP Mold

5 REPLIES

Re: Component Groups

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

ERs have to start out as IRs in GTAC.

So file an IR, have it converted to an ER, then post the ER number in case others want to file a "me too" IR to add support.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Hi Kurt,

may I ask you why you use Component Groups? I use up to 9 different setups within a part, but use Layers to organize visiblility. I tried to use Component Groups once, but did not see much benefit.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Pioneer
Pioneer

I could try to use layers to control visibility of different setups.  I guess it is just a habit of mine to want to go to the assembly navigator to control what I am viewing.  I will try using layers for different setups for a while and see if I can manage to keep things organized well enough. Thanks!

Phenom
Phenom

have you tried Arrangements?

Genius
Genius

Hi,

we are using layers in combination with the Switch Layer/Layout command.

For this we have for one setup the following layers:

Blank

Part_n

Check_n

Check_all_setups

Different layers for the machine and its components

We have predefined geometry objects in our cam setup parts. The Workpiece saved layer/layout contains the visible machine. The MCS for the setup (is below the Workpiece) has a saved layer/layout without the layer of the machine.

When you program you can use switch layer/layout on the MCS or any of the operations located below.

If you want to Simulate you use switch layer/layout on the Workpiece.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Learn online

Solution Information