Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Machine Data library and MKE

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have costomized some Feeds and Speeds in my machine data library and I would like to connect

the definitions of the feeds and speeds from my machining_knowledge, with the costomized ones in my machine data library.

Right know the feeds and speeds are defined in the MKE as constants, which are builded from the used

machine and the part-material.

Hope for Help - Thank you

NX 11.0.1.11
3 REPLIES

Re: Connection Machine Data library and MKE

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

There are two alternative approaches to specifying feeds & speeds in combination with the use of the MKE:

1. You specify the feeds & speeds in the MKE rules (e.g. using machine/material specific constants as you have done. In this approach, you are by-passing the use of the machining data library.

2. You don't specify any feeds & speeds in the MKE rules. In this approach, your operations will initially inherit their feeds and speeds from the templates. 

You can combine the second approach with the use of the Manufacturing Preference -> Operation -> Machining Data -> Automatically Set in Operation. When this option is activated, NX CAM will automatically execute the "Set Machining Data" command in each of the operations that were generated using the Create Feature Process command.

There is no possiblity (and from our point of view also no need) to directly link the feeds and speeds in the MKE rules with the machining data library.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you - this information helps me Smiley Happy

NX 11.0.1.11

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Best is to enable the customer default for setting the machining data automatically, so you don't have to always activate it in the preferences for each user.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information