Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Construct the material removal rate

Hello,

As discused in this thread https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/Generate-Material-... using the optimize feed rate command to generate the MRR is not perfect (data can't be trusted and there is no support from Siemens for this command).

I think that reconstruct the MRR by exploiting the toolpath, the IPW and the cutting parameter should be possible. What do you think? Could you give me some advice in order to do it?

Thanks,

Mathieu

3 REPLIES

Re: Construct the material removal rate

Why do you want to work with functions that are only useful for the Siemens developers?

I would ignore the CSV file entirely, since it is just for the developers of optimize tool path.

If there is a problem with optimize tool path report it to get it fixed by Siemens.

You might not even have full access to the data you need, that would allow you to succeed with recreating that wheel from scratch.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

The goal of this is to get the material removal rate. The company I work with must sometimes change the same tool during the machining of one part (on one operation the wear is so important on cutter that they have to change tool). They use MRR graphics to evaluate the life of the tool and it would be very handy to have it directly in NX and not by using some other software.

I hear that I could not have full access to the data but I just want to confirm/infirm the feasability of this data construction.

You have access to:

1. IPW as faceted body
  2. tool path as binary or text data
  3. operation parameters through various builders

I think the hardest will be to measure the IPW against the tool to calculate the removed volume.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information