Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contents of operation navigator gone

Hello everybody,

I'm having kind of a strange problem using NX 10. I was working on a couple of operations, nothing special, when suddenly the operation navigator became empty. 

No matter which view I choose or what I try, the navigator remains without any content. Strangest part: When clicking right and choosing "export to browser" (or something like that), the contents are displayed.

I tried reinstalling NX, but it did not help. 

Have you came across a problem like this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

10 REPLIES

Re: Contents of operation navigator gone

Hi,

which NX10 version do you use?

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

I think it is 10.0.0.24. But I am not at work right now. I am going to confirm my version tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your answer by the way.

If ever the Operation Navigator looks out of date or blank, the easiest way to refresh the it is Application > Manufacturing.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

The current release of NX 10 is 10.0.3, so it would be best to update your NX installation, if the issue can't be resolved by restarting NX.

There is no need to reinstall NX, since the problem is usually saved into the part file.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thanks for your tips everyone.

I tried them, however neither of them worked.

I solved the problem by asking our IT staff for an entirely new user account. Then I could open the part I was working on and everything seems to work out for now.

Best regards

It sounds like there was a problem in the registry, where the Operation Navigator layout settings are saved. If it happens again, delete the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\10.0\General\ONT

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Seriously, are these settings saved in the registry? Besides the userprofile folder there is another place for saving user preferences? What if you want to work on several systems with the same environment?

Is there any good reason to do anything with the registry? 

W10 NX11.0.1

DJS wrote: 

Is there any good reason to do anything with the registry? 

AMEN!

I couldn't agree more.

And note on the unix systems they support, there is no "registry", so they have to be able to do it another way anyhow (although...I don't know if there is a "unix only" method of doing the equivalent that is not available on "native" Windows)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

On UNIX systems the things stored in the Windows registry are put into a text file call something with registry in the users HOME folder.

If you need to store the NX settings you just need to use a roaming profile on Windows and point the variables UGII_USER_PROFILE_DIR, UGII_HISTORY_PALETTE_DIR and UGII_PALETTE_WORK_DIR to a path under %APPDATA%, which is located in the roaming profile structure and will be synchronized to the server.

The roaming profile also synchronizes the registry settings to the server automatically.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information