Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 4 and 5 axis post into 3-axis post

Creator
Creator

Hello all,

I have a 4-axis post and now I want to make a copy of it and convert it into 3-axis by blocking the B-axis.  The b-axis don't show up anywhere in the program except at the first tool. Anyone out there can show me how to get rid of the B-axis at the first toll.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: Convert 4 and 5 axis post into 3-axis post

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

In Post Builder on the Program & Tool Path page is the Program tab.  This lists the output in a sequence of events.  Look at the start of path or initial move and see if there is a block with the B axis output.  If that fails activate the Review tool - Output Settings - Other Options.  Save the post and Select a small program to post.  The review tool will display and you can use this to analyze where the specific code is being generated from.  I recommend a smal file because it takes much longer for the review tool to display with a large tool path.

review-tool.JPG

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.  Unfortunately, I don't have and know post builder. I just deal directly with the post.  I know where to block the B-axis in the program but for the first tool. I dont know where that line should be.

Post Builder is included in all of our CAM packages.

Have you looked at the start menu under All Programs --> Siemens NXn.n --> Manufacturing?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information