Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coordinates for Mazak

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hi guys,

thanks to all of you for comments Smiley Happy

I want to do it simple way:

Can you send me a program on attached operation, a program that works for you on this type of machine ?

I will send it to the machine and will see the behaviour.

(And please let me know the F85 or other parameter setting.)

thank you a lot

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Phenom
Phenom
My machine is an i1250v (a vertical but still a head/table) but the difference will be that the post puts out mom_mcs_goto (when set to zero) or mom_pos (when set to 1.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Legend
Legend

Hi, Study!
My experience of working with this machine is to use 2 bases (zeroes). At first operator specifies Mazatrol zero (G53.5) on lathe spindle's axis, and I calculate the following operations - lathe, 3-axis mill, 3+2 mill - for this zero using mom_pos vars.

When I need 5-axis continuous milling, I can use only G54-G59, because G43.4 is compatible only with this zero, but not with Mazatrol zero. That's why I have the following chain: G53.5 => some subprogam to recalculate zero position from G53.5 to G54 => G54 => G43.4 with mom_mcs_goto vars.

P.S.: My settings for F85 correspond to combination G54 + G43.4.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Juraj,

Please find attachment,

As Frobi said, you need G54

Avalon

Gears Phenom

thank you,

I see different coordinates from code sended by Frobi.Frobi showed me code with pure mcs_goto.

So you have different F85 if I understand well?

Phenom
Phenom
We are only using the machine in iso mode (no mazatrol.) We are using the tool system (not offset tables.) I am accomodating G43 P1 for a type 33 tool (lathe) and G43 G43.1 and G43.4/5 with other tools. Unlike a Fanuc - it seems that this control cannot switch to a head only G43.4/5 with G10.8 settings. I have seen that G43 P1 and G43 have situations where they act different (want to make a move to activate.) G43.1 and G43.4/5 seem to not do this. I am only able to probe with G43 ones. I am putting the offset to table center in the "external". It seems to work ok for G43.4/5. I load the value based on the parameters (XY) where this is stored. I was struggling to figure out little quirks but I have a plan now. Unfortunately I have had to find a lot out with trial. Mazak seems to have gone silent for support (would have rather followed their advise.) If they answer an email it takes weeks (may just be the people I am asking.) I have heard West Coast US is better. I made a macro to turn on the comps (with their different rules) M43 I43.1 (ex) so the post doesn't have to manage it.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Legend
Legend

Study,
Take into consideration, that you say about Integrex i-1250v. It is a new model enough, in comparison with the machine of Juraj where another old NC unit. That's why your experience with i-1250v is not applicable completely here. I also used the machine in ISO mode, but it's sometimes reasonable to work with Mazatrol zero (G53.5) inside ISO programs as I wrote above.
I agree with you: the most problem of Mazak service is to get from them deep knowledge of parameters, bits, etc.

One more point: pay attention that on working with 5-axis continuous milling there are other parameters and bits (in addition to F85) that affect onto moves, dynamics and accuracy of the machine. So I recommend to read the proper Mazak documentation and to check these parameters.

Gears Phenom

hello,

@FROBI

I just want to thank you. it seems to be working.

g43.4 with g54 and F85: 0001000

Now when we machine part with this and surface will be with non-constatnt stock - the problem is not in the code, mcs_goto. But somewhere else.

again thanks all of you for comments!

Learn online

Solution Information