Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create MILL-TURN post-processor using Post Configurator

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

do you think that there will be problems to develop a simple mill-turn 4Axis post-processor (XYZC) using Post Configurator?

I don't understand a thing for example, why under Kinematic Settings / Real Machine Kinematics I can't disable axis? I have the 5th axis too that I don't need.

And which machine type I have to choice? MILL-TURN / 4_axis_table?

I'd appreciate materials, documentation, example about develop a MILL-TURN post-processor in Post Configurator

Thank you very much

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Create MILL-TURN post-processor using Post Configurator

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

hi,

you created this post twice, you can delete one of them...

To your problem - I believe there is a solution for this.

But you can set real kinematics  it is real kinematic.

Exists kinematics  for tcpm and for plane rotation calculation.

They can be different, I assume, to get different desired output.

But.. i am using postbuilder is more clear about everything to me and you have full control.

It depends what you are used to work with.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry, I deleted the other one.

Thank you for answer Juraj

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What you are looking for is information on Multi-chain Machines. It's best if you have a well defined kinematics model for your machine tool in the NX Machine Tool Builder application, but not totally necessary. If you only want to make this post in Post Configurator without the model then this is possible too.

In the TCL file write the following code:

LIB_GE_CONF_add_chain X2-Z2 "X2-Z2" "X2-Z2" 2

LIB_GE_CONF_add_chain is the command to add an additional chain, the first X2-Z2 is the ID name for the new chain, the first "X2-Z2" in quotes is the Label the chain will have in the UI, and second "X2-Z2" in quotes is the UI Tool Tip for the chain, and the number 2 at the end is the chain sequence number.

Upon selecting OK to the Edit Post Configurator File dialog you will now see a new tab in Post Configurator with the name of your new chain as well as a Chain Mapping node. Your new chain is initially empty but you can extend many of the existing properties from the Default chain to your custom chain. For example, if the Default chain represents the Mill of the machine then set Machine Type to 4_axis_table or 4_axis_head (whichever it is) and then select the plus (+) symbol next to the lock icon. This will allow you to push this property over to your custom chain (or to all chains if you have more). Select the X2-Z2 chain and now see the added property. Set the Machine Type in the custom chain to 2_axis_lathe to represent the turning portion of the machine.

This is a simple starting point example for multi-chain machines. Add chains and poke around a bit to see what you can make of it.

As to your question about the fifth-axis properties, they have no effect on the mill chain when the Machine Type is set to 4_axis_table or 4_axis_head (or any other machine not 5-axis for that matter). However, if you find the presence of the 5th axis properties annoying you can always hide them from the UI. Type the following code in the TCL file:

LIB_GE_CONF_set_property_access General_UI_tree "@CUI_MachKin5th" "BASIC ADVANCED FULL" HIDE

Upon selecting OK you will see that all the 5th-axis properties have disappeared. Post Configurator is fully customizable to where you can set everything you want in the UI, even to creating your own custom UI and property settings, when you create your own custom layers for reuse.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you. I have another question but it is about Post Builder so I will create another post

Learn online

Solution Information