cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create User Definied Tool in 5axis Generic Motion

Creator
Creator

Hello Community,

i created a user definied tool for my Generic Motion Operation in NX.

My tool shape will always rotated, but i dont need it in this shape. Is there some other options to get my desired 3D tool ? I want some kind of turning tool, but cant use them in Generic Motion....

14 REPLIES

Re: Create User Definied Tool in 5axis Generic Motion

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you looked at 7 or 10 parameter mills? (I think they are in the variable axis template part, not sure about fixed axis contouring)

Would a step drill (holemaking template) work?

Don't be put off by the word "drill" - you can use these tools in milling operations.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

If your tool is not spinning, create a solid tool. Start with the tool model, and choose the solid tool template. This is a non-parametric tool - like a probe for example.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

My tool is not spinning. I will create my Kinematic with Generic Motion and add 1000 RotatoryVectorPointMoves with Journal. Can you maybe show me in a short video how to create a solid tool for example a qubic 10x10x10 cm as tool model?

One more question:

Is it possible to have more then one cutter in a tool?

Search the help for create solid tool, or look here:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.1/nx_help/#uid:generic_solid_tool-probe_dialog

It is for a probe, but the process is the same.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Thank you @FROBI and @MarkRief 

but my problem is already not solved and i think its more specific.

In those documentations it is described how i can create a tool with ONE cutting part,

but i need al tool with more cutters. Moreover i have to use this created tool in Generic Motion.

See my uploaded picture. Is it even possible to realise this in NX?

Sincerly RickTick

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The amount of cutting parts doesn't make any difference, in the end they are all combined into one kinematic group.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Legend
Legend

RickTick wrote:
In those documentations it is described how i can create a tool with ONE cutting part,

but i need al tool with more cutters.

There is example with several cutters in NX library - C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\library\tool\graphics\ugt0202_001.prt

ugt0202_001.jpg

There are 2 different cases where we have part assemblies for tools. 

A parametric tool can have a solid assembly representation in addition to the normal definition - such as ugt0202_001. 

The other case of for non-parametric tools, that may not be spinning, such as ugt0402_001. There is a completely different workflow to define these, where you start with the tool assembly as your work part. I think this is what the original question was about.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information