Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Create different Operation for one Feature

Hello,

I want to teach different operations to the MKE for one feature.

The feature are all the same ("STEP2POCKET_THREAD"), but the positions are different.

One feature is YM-XM Plane and the other is on the ZM-XM Plane.

Can i define a rule so the operations I create, includes conditions for the their position ?

The operations for the same feature are different, because one is located on a planar surface and the other one is on a radial surface.

Or is there any way to differentiate the features ?

Thank you .

NX 10.0.1.8
25 REPLIES

Re: Create different Operation for one Feature

Hi Muddi

I have some ideas that would probably work.
Can you share a small sample/test part?

Tom van 't Erve
NX CAM Development

Hello,

here is a sample model for CAM.

Thank you for help.

NX 10.0.1.8
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muddi_91
‎06-06-2017 02:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Hello Muddi,

As Tom said, there are many things you can do to create your machining sequence for the same feature pointing to a different axis.

An easy way to create particular rules for the same feature pointing to a different axis is with the attributes X_ORIENTATION_D, Y_ORIENTATION_D, and Z_ORIENTATION_D.

Capture.JPG

In the MKE you just have to specify  mwf.X_ORIENTATION_D = 1 or something similar.

But in case your problem is due to the hole in a non-flat face, you can use the attribute "TILTED_TOP_DEPTH".

muddi_2.JPG

[ Edited ]

The machining feature attribute TILTED_TOP_DEPTH makes the difference, since it indicates if the hole is perpendicular to the top face or not.

The TILTED_TOP_DEPTH ( and TILTED_BOTTOM_DEPTH ) value is the distance between the highest and the lowest point of the top edge(s) of the first (last) diameter.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muddi_91
‎06-06-2017 02:39 AM

Thanks for the example; it confirms what I understood from your initial explanation.

Have a look at the images that I have attached. Although the dimensions of your holes are different, I am assuming they don't play a major role.

My suggestion would be to use the "TILTED_TOP_DEPTH" feature parameter.

This parameter has a value >0 for the Radial situation and =0 for the Axial situation

Tilted_top_depth.pngS2P_Radial.pngS2P_Axial.png

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Thank you, this is perfect!

NX 10.0.1.8

Man Very Happy

[ Edited ]

I have one more question to the radial feature. I have added a champfer to my feature,

but the OOTB library just recognizes the feautre without the champfer.

Is there a way to just add the one component (champfer) or do i have to teach the complete feature

to the MKE library ?

Thank you Smiley Happy

NX 10.0.1.8

[ Edited ]

You are right, it doesn't recognize the chamfer. That's an NX limitation.

The ER #7941476 scopes this issue, development told me that it will be fixed in NX 10.0.0.3MP13 and in NX 11.0.2.

Probably you can teach the complete feature and attached it to the "STEP" feature, or use one of the NX versions in which the chamfer recognition is supported.

D.JPG

Learn online

Solution Information