Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Creating a Journal to give load options for fixtures and billets

Hi All,

I am currently trying to create my first Journal that will upon opening our NX manufacturing environment template, it would give a search option that the programmer could enter a search value and then the Journal would search and replace the standard fixture and billet with the new requested files or show a list of the preferred components.  We operate a Teamcenter environment where all fixtures and material information is stored, I have recorded a Journal of the manual method but I'm looking at making it slicker, so what I would like to do is if the programmer enters the material size they require then the preferred fixture would also be loaded or an option to load the connected fixture or vise versea.  My question is has anyone done something similar as I am struggling with the best way to get the information directly from TC without creating an .xml file, where the corresponding information would be specified and then calling that instead, this would not be my preferred method as it would require keeping up to date where all information in TC would be correct and up to date.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2
6 REPLIES

Re: Creating a Journal to give load options for fixtures and billets

In Teamcenter it is easiest to use the Machining Resource Library (part of the classification), which will offer a search facility already.

In addition the classification will be displayed in the reuse library, so you just use drag'n'drop to add the fixture to the part as components.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thank you Stefan,

We had been discussing using classifications and MRL system as I want to use it to control our tooling requirements unfortunately these things take time to get everyone on board for us to set it up, I have been told that we have classification licence but it is not working properly so I wilI have to do some digging.

Thanks for the help on this I really appreciate the input.

Best Regards

Dave

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

What Teamcenter release are you using?

MRL is installed within minutes, so no real trouble.

You can install MRL on a running production system without any downtime.

To classify an item, you just send it to the classification, assign it to a class and fill out the attributes.

If you use part families, you can automatically fill out the attributes from the spreadsheet.

It is much better to use the features supplied by Teamcenter than rolling your own.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Hi Stefan,

We are currently on Teamcenter8 with NX7.5 and getting ready to roll out Teamcenter10 and NX9 later this year, as I said in the previous message I'm in the process of talking people round to the benefits to us of using the MRL system it is good to hear that it is easy to install.

I'm not sure why our classification hasn't worked in the past I will need to check with our software guys.

I totally agree I would like to use one system not five different systems to do what one system can, as it makes manging change a lot easier and you don't duplicate data.

Cheers

Dave

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

We introduced MRL in Teamcenter 8.3 and I think there is a minimum to have 8.3.3.4 to get things going.

Using MRL would also have some benefit in getting support, since focus is now on MRL and to get it as good as possible, so it is more likely to get ERs and PRs resolved quickly.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CAM_Jockey
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Thank you for the inforation Stefan.

All the best,

Dave
Regards

Dave