cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom command to save .prt file...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I was wondering if the was a way to save the .prt file when I post it.  Something like a tcl command or something like that I could put into my postprocessor.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Custom command to save .prt file...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

you can add a post edit to your menuscript that calls a journal to save your file after a post. I don't think you can save from tcl since you would need code to communicate to NX. Think its a one way street with post builder.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You might be able to extend the MOM architecture using API code to save the part, but I think the best route is the (previously suggested) using Menuscript to modify the "post" action on postprocessing to save the part

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I think - API solution will be more flexible. For example - using API you can save prt-file if NO ANY ERROR during postprocessing (last event), else - no save or SaveAs. And more and more, up to your fantasy and wishes..  

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For thise who deal with API programs alot, it does have more flexibility.

Note you would have to check if the 'save part" is available (I think it should be, but am not 100% sure).

But for many customers, who never deal with API, it might be an issue (re-compiling for new versions, etc.)

I'm not sure if Menuscript has access to the post status (I'm pretty sure a Menuscript "pre" action can influence whether or not the "main" action happens, but I'm not sure if the "main" action status can influence a "Post" action).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information