Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Custom setup not showing in General Setup

I created a custom setup and I am able to see it if I create a new model and then go to application / manufacturing / and then select cam_general. I can't seem to get it to work if I try to create a new MFG file using General Setup. It has all of the same setups as the cam_general except for my custom one. They both look like they are referenced from the same cam_general.opt but they must not be. Anyone able to get this to work? I am using NX 9.0.3.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
4 REPLIES

Re: Custom setup not showing in General Setup

Are you trying to add a new setup assembly to the Manufacturing tab in File New?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

No, just add my operation to the dropdown if I create a new MFG file using the General Setup under the Manufacturing tab.

The second image is what I want. This works if I create a new model and then start manufacturing by changing applications. I then use cam_general to get the above dropdown.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonP
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I think you need to add your template part to the "type" templates for that setup.

These are defined in ...\resource\template_dir\template.dat. Add you part file to the list shown here:

DATA	| 002| general.| ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_planar_assy.prt| ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_planar.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_contour.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_multi-axis.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_multi_blade.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}mill_rotary.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}hole_making.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}drill.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}turning.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}wire_edm.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}probing.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}solid_tool.prt ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}machining_knowledge.prt | General Assembly | Inch

Note this is a SINGLE line of text - no <return>s.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Mark,

That was it!

Thanks!!!

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information