Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Custom (user defined) Cycles

Master
Master

I take it you HAVE to use the UDE editor to make this possible? I can't just bring in the code to the cdl file, correct?

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
NX 11.0.2.7 MP2 Teamcenter 11
Dell M7720 i7-6820HQ 16GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro P3000

Pioneer
Pioneer

The text ultimately gets copied into the main ude.cdl file so I don't see why you would have to use the UDE editor, but, using it gets the proper formatting, titles, etc. so using it seems easier to me.

For instance, in my case, I would not have known to use the "CYCLE" title which is how NX knows to offer it as a choice in the Drill Cycle list. Normally, the title or designator is "EVENT".

Master
Master

I think it would definitely be easier this way as it creates the event in the post so you can drag code into it to run. I think without it you would probably have to make a custom command upleveled to handle the call. I am not sure. My post doesn't utilize this so it would be some work to use it now. And not having used hole making I don't know much about it. I use hole geometry groups  quite a bit and haven't seen something to take its place in holemaking geometry.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro P3000

Experimenter
Experimenter

nice answer. dude. May i know revision of your UG NX? because when i switched to method of tool path setting . there is no textbox of "motion output"  occuring....

Experimenter
Experimenter
may i know the revision of UG NX above?

Master
Master

You need to tag the person you are asking the question to. I don't think you're talking to me because my NX is in my signature.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro P3000

Also, you are responding to a conversation from 2 years ago. The original participants may not be monitoring. But, as said, tag somebody if you want their attention. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information