Did you mean: 

Re: Cutting tools from CAD model

Legend
Legend

@Stefan_Pendl wrote:

@Mould_United wrote:

@MarkRief

Can the MRL be used without Teamcenter?

No, to run MRL you need a functional Teamcenter installation, since MRL is a hierarchical structure inside Teamcenter classification.

Why use solid tools at all, since they are not supported by the majority of the CAM operations, just by a hand full.

For IS&V you also need a simplified representation, I don't see any value in using solid tools at all.

It is way easier to manage for custom form tools. For example I use a normal endmill tool for toolpath creation and I then create the custom solid so when you do 3d verify using assembly you get the correct IPW results.

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Re: Cutting tools from CAD model

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Dstryr wrote:

It is way easier to manage for custom form tools. For example I use a normal endmill tool for toolpath creation and I then create the custom solid so when you do 3d verify using assembly you get the correct IPW results.

So then you just have to copy a solid representation to the graphics folder of the native tool library and name it the same as the library reference of the parametric tool.

No need for MRL or anything complex.

Generally it would help more if the question also includes the details about what the poster wants/needs to accomplish, so one would not have to guess what he might want to do.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information