Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuuting Parameters for cutting tools assy

Creator
Creator

Is there any method in NX to attach cutting parameters like feed,speed with cutting tool assy?or Suppose a tool is used in 10 operations,is there any way so that i can just enter cutting parameter once and all my operations gets updated with the cutting parameters.

I am using NX9.

thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: Cuuting Parameters for cutting tools assy

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You can select multiple operations using Shift or Ctrl. Then from context menu you can choose:

Object --> Feed Rates...

This way you can enter feeds&speeds once for group of operations.

Is this what you are looking for?

Also if the tool exists in NX tool library, there are also other ways to automate it like this:

https://ncmatic.com/technical-tuesday/spindle-speed-value-for-tool/

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ADP,

thank you for your question.

You can use the Machining Data Libraries to attach Feeds&Speeds to certain tools, part- and cutter materials.

2017-09-13 13_58_31-NX 11 - Manufacturing - [sim08_mill_5ax_cam_sinumerik_mm.prt (Modified) ].png2017-09-13 13_59_33-NX 11 - Manufacturing - [sim08_mill_5ax_cam_sinumerik_mm.prt (Modified) ].png

There is a way to edit the feeds and speeds for multiple operations. Select the operations and click on the Feed rates button in the Ribbon Bar

2017-09-13 14_02_14-NX 11 - Manufacturing - [sim08_mill_5ax_cam_sinumerik_mm.prt (Modified) ].png2017-09-13 14_02_38-Feeds and Speeds.png

Or you can select the operations, click right mouse button and select it

2017-09-13 14_03_48-.png

Cheers,

Alexander

Creator
Creator

Many thanks Marek & Alexander !!

That is what i was looking for.

But facing some issue while trying the second option i.e by selecting all the operations >right click> object>feed rates

In this way i am able to enter feed & surface speed once and which appears for all,but i have to update Maximum RPM data individually for all the operations.I am trying to do this for turning operations.Any suggestions ?

AllOperations>rightclick>objects>feedrates

Alloperations_rightclick_object_feedrates.JPG

Max RPM value needs to update for Individual Operation

individual_operations_Max RPM _value_not_updated.JPG    

Learn online

Solution Information