Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle800 and modality

Creator
Creator

Does anyone out there know how to make Cycle800 modal? To clarify, I have several operations in a row that do not change tool axis orientation, but post builder posts a Cycle800 between every one of those operations. It's very redundant. I would prefer it only post Cycle800 if it sees a tool axis change in reference to the previous tool axis orientation. Just to note, I have created a UDE at the beginning of the program level so it can be used throughout the program. I guess that how it's currently outputting would be fine, but the first argument of the Cycle800 statement sends the machine back to a retract (Z or XYZ depending on your post Cycle800 macro parameter,  _FR). In conclusion, this wastes a lot of time in air movements. Any help would be appreciated.

Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication….
12 REPLIES

Re: Cycle800 and modality

Legend
Legend
No I never did. My post guy was going to build me a post where if it doesnt change a tool axis it would just change the first cycle800 line of a 1 to a 0 which will make it not retract in z. He never finished it though :/.
NX11.0.1

Creator
Creator
Dstryr,

Thanks for the quick reply. If I come up with a viable solution, I'll be sure to share it with you. Thanks again!

Legend
Legend
I wish I had more time to dig into post builder. I'm just a small machine shop. Maybe someone on here could build us a ude or something. I'm more than willing to pay someone for their time
NX11.0.1

Creator
Creator
For sure! I would pays as well. I'm also s small machine shop, and there's a lot of post modifications I would love to make, but don't have return of time to apply to it. But, I'm going to try! Where is your shop based out of?
Highlighted

Legend
Legend
Nothern California. You? What kind of machine are you using? Mine are Quaser.
NX11.0.1

Creator
Creator
Dstryr,

Sorry for the typos, I'm on my smartphone. Lol

Creator
Creator
Dstryr,

Detroit, Michigan. I'm running a DMG DMU 50 3+2.

Legend
Legend
When I first got my post a few years ago from a guy in the netherlands it would only post cycle800 on index. However it was buggy in other areas and would take long time for fixes. Ended up switching to a locally made post / simulation kit. Maybe tomorrow I'll dig through his post and see how he did it.
NX11.0.1

Creator
Creator
Dstryr,

That would be great! Man, any help would work right now.. currently it's just a waste of movement. How are you currently getting around this issue ?

Learn online

Solution Information