cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from machine joint/axis value to post, Robot pose.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I would to ask if it's possible to link a mom_variable to a joint value of a custom machine like a robot, i can't find any solution to build a postprocessor for a 6 axis machine.

My goal is to postprocessing the six angle value (pose) of a robot builded in the machine editor.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!!

9 REPLIES

Re: Data from machine joint/axis value to post, Robot pose.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I think, you try to use difficult way.

1. You no need 6 angles for each joint, for robot programm you need XYZ and ABC Euler angles or quaternions (for ABB robots).

2. I have a few projects with robot postprocessors and - you right - for any tool position, for any targets (not only for mill tool!) you mus to define not only point and vector (tool axis), but - real position of tool CSYS and after it calc EULERS Angles or quaternions.

3. I use different ways to do it. Some time - I use additional geometry for definition 6th axis, like here -

Or - I use rules - as for this robot-painter ("arm of gun always down" or "right" etc)

Or - I make some emulation 6axis->5axis., like here

BUT - YOUR QUESTION VERY INTERESTING FOR ME! I looking possibility  connection to simulation model and read joint values via NXOPEN Application!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much for the answer! Congratulation for your works!!

I need the six angles of joints because for the moveJ in VAL3 language (Staublì robots) it's possible to use the complete pose's angles for any position:

moveJ(jposition,tool,world)

jposition= j1, j2, j3, j4, j5, j6

I don't know if it's possible in kuka language.

I think that using the pose's angles would be a simply direct way for post-processing movement, because you have all the information on movement and position...i postprocess in this way with other software retrieving data directly from the kinematic simulator.

How you control the configuration of movement? 

I will look in nxopen + python way, it's possible to use a python program to postprocess in nx?

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/nx/10/nx_api/en_US/custom/nxopen_pyt...

Have you looked at the out of the box posts provided for the new robotics machining ? 

There are 5 robots in resource\library\machine\installed_machines.

Maybe something in those will help you.

More information on robotics is in this thread.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

@MarkRief

I havent checked all of them, however the ABB robot post in NX10 is encryprted and needs a licence to run.

agrivas wrote:

@MarkRief

I havent checked all of them, however the ABB robot post in NX10 is encryprted and needs a licence to run.

Yes - you are correct. I did not realize these are licensed with the new Robotics module.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

Out of curiosity: Posting is a very limitted aspect of robotics. you have to set robotic rules and apply them, simulate the actual path to identify issues like reachability, singularity collisions, ...

How do you intend to handle these?

Our robotic solution addresses all these. we also have a team of experts in developing Robotic posts that can provide post processor for Staeubli as a paid project. if you need more details - please contact me directly

Eddy Finaro

NX CAM Product Manager

eddy.finaro@siemens.com

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Eddy_Finaro You are right, using only the posture of robot is very limiting and i use that only for low precision and high speed application (camera motion control), for milling operations i use movel and movec.

I actually do the tool path in nx cam and i do the postprocessing in my python software from the exported path, where i check collision. singularity etc..

Now i'm trying to do all in nx cam.

I don't have the robotics suite, i'm asking if it's possible to try it in university.

I know how create postprocessor from coordinate and tool orientation, but my real question is "Is it possible to link, in post builder, the data of cam simulator?"

@Chigishev If I understand yours nxopen program creates the postprocessed file withouth passing from the postprocessor utility of nx, is it right?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello, gd90!

I use standard way to postprocess, and tsl\def postprocessor, but my postprocessor have linked DLL, inside this DLL I can define another rules fro tool CSYS definition. And after tool CSYS definition I can calc Euler angles or quaternions.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

Academic licenses are available. Please contact the Siemens or partner sales to get it. the fact that you are experienced with Python code is great, since our solution allows you to customize the Robotic rules using Python scripts.  

About your ' real question':

"Is it possible to link, in post builder, the data of cam simulator?" 

I don't exactly understand what that means,but our approach is based on expanding the data stored with each location in the toolpath with the data defining the 6th axis, configuration, end effector OLP setting (like pressure, speed etc). with the data stored in the tool path the Simulation (even Tool path based) and post processor would both reflect the same data and there is no need for an additional link.

Hope this answers your questionsSmiley Happy

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information