Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Debug lister not showing

Hi, 

I was using PostBuilder to build up a post and tried to debug it. Normally, when I go to 

"Output Settings -> Other Options -> Activate Review Tool", then I will be seeing the Debug lister after I post process. But today, I used a new computer and did the same. The Debug lister didn't show up. Anyone knows what's wrong? Shall I set "Debug on/off" or anything like that?

PS: I was trying build a UDE but the system seemed not being able to retrieve my UDE parameter(couldn't be accessed from other custom command), though the UDE and the post still work when I don't use the parameter from the created UDE somewhere else. That's why I need the debug lister to see what is going on with the UDE.

Thanks in advance

Stephan

21 REPLIES

Re: Debug lister not showing

Open your tcl-file in notepad and find string:

set mom_sys_debug_mode OFF

if { ![info exists env(PB_SUPPRESS_UGPOST_DEBUG)] } {
        set env(PB_SUPPRESS_UGPOST_DEBUG) 0
     }

if $env(PB_SUPPRESS_UGPOST_DEBUG) {
        set mom_sys_debug_mode OFF
     }

change to  set mom_sys_debug_mode ON

Depending on the NX release it is no longer needed to enable debug in post builder.

Starting with NX 8 you can enable debug in the postprocessing dialog of NX, which is now the prefered way.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Does a "tk" icon show up in your taskbar (on my system it is a script lowercase red "tk")?

Could be the window position is just off the screen somewhere, or behind the main NX window instead of in front.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I would test with OOTB settings first.

Pick a simple milling operation, Postprocess, pick mill_3axis, turn on the review tool, and [OK].

Does this work?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks for the reply. But it is ON already..

Hi, 

No tk icon is shown. Normally, if the debug lister works, we can see that icon. But it isn't the case here.

Thanks anyway Smiley Happy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am new to the forum so I am not quite sure what is OOTB but if I read you right. You are recommending that I use an NX pre-created post and check the "Active Review Tool" box in PostBuilder and see if that works.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The debug lister is still not showing up.

OOTB is the abbreviation for "out of the box", so a not customized environment.

This term is not special to this forum, it is regularly used in the IT.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

A little update:

I am still trying to find out why the debug lister isn't showing up. I moved the model part to the other computer (the one that has no problem running a debug lister before), built up a new simple 3axis mill post and gave it a try. No luck. The most bizzarre thing is that the debug lister of this other computer now doesn't show anymore either!! It's like contagious disease, though I don't believe that it's the problem of the model.

Chigishev recommended that I should look into the event handle. So I let the post run two simple lines:

global mom_sys_debug_mode

MOM_output_literal "The status of debug mode: $mom_sys_debug_mode"

What it gave me is 

The status of debug mode: ON

The problem is not yet solved

Learn online

Solution Information