Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Define approach move after local return

Is there a way to control how the tool returns to the cut when using Local Return in turning? I have my return path on a facing path set to clear axial. I would like it to return to the cut by moving radially first then axial. Right now it is making a direct motion. I am using NX 9

Thanks in advance!

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
7 REPLIES

Re: Define approach move after local return

Hello,

Try to go to the geometry view, then expand all items in it. double click Avoidance, on the avoidance dialog box you can control the engage and return of the tool, see the image.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Jahnsen

Thanks for the reply,

I have been trying different settings both in Avoidance and in Non-cutting moves but nothing seems to change the path that the return move makes. My initial approach move changes but not the one in the local return. I'm hopefully just missing something. This is what my scenario looks like. The red line if what I am hoping to get the motion to look like. My local return is set to Clear Axial.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Have you tried this?

That changes the final retract of the toolpath but does not change the local return.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonP
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Just thought that I would share my findings....

I called GTAC with this issue and currently there is no way to achieve this. I am submitting an Enhancement Request for this feature.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

I have a similiar issue with Local Return where comments show up in the CL file but not after posting.....

DISPLY/CLEAR CHIPS OUT OF BORE

THxs! Ray

RE: DISPLY/

Have you tried turning on the (post) review tool & posting this operation, then seeing what happens with DISPLY/?

I'm guessing the post isn't handling it correctly.

Does DISPLY/ work correctly if it is added elsewhere (e.g. start or end events)?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information