Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Operation Method Path Setting in Post Builder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there an easy way (other that a UDE) to detect the Method Path Setting (METHOD or MILL_FINISH or MILL_ROUGH or MILL_SEMI_FINISH or NONE) in Post Builder?

I would like to set CYCL DEF 32.2 HSC-MODE (0 if MILL_FINISH is selected  or 1 if MILL_ROUGH is selected) based on the Method Path Setting in the operation.

Maybe another undocumented variable like the $mom_inside_outside_tolerances() array which I use to calculate the CYCL DEF 32.1 T value ($mom_inside_outside_tolerances(0)+$mom_inside_outside_tolerances(1))*1.5?

If the $mom_inside_outside_tolerances() array is documented, I couldn't find it.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES

Re: Detect Operation Method Path Setting in Post Builder

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The Excel sheet for the Excel-based shop documentation has a more or less recent list of variables included.

You can use the review tool to check what variables are available containing the method information.

I would not go for the name of the method group, since it is easy to change. I would go for the cut method selected, which also drives the machining data.

mom_cutmthd_libref

Will hold the library reference of the cut method selected in the method group parent of the operation.

This is a unique ID and will avoid problems if used for setting the mode.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Re: Detect Operation Method Path Setting in Post Builder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you very much Stefan!

Learn online

Solution Information