cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Sizes

Genius
Genius

Hi,

when I resize e.g. an operation dialog in its width, NX never remembers the width, but I always have to resize again.

Does anyone know anything or if NX should remember dialog sizes?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
10 REPLIES

Re: Dialog Sizes

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, NX deosn't remember dialog sizes.

There is a customer default to change the default width from 100% to another value, that's all.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Hi Stefan,

thanks.

For all: the Customer Default width is located in Gateway -> User Interface -> Options -> Dialog Width and is set to 100%. Thus it impacts all dialogs.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In general, the width is not remembered. However, in cases where we know this is really annoying, we can do it. For example, we remember the width of the UDE dialog for the current session, because users almost always stretch it to see the UDE text.

Is there a particular dialog that is causing pain? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Hi Mark,

I am working on one of the feedbacks of our CAM-Anwendertreffen 2016.

My first task was to check what options we have. The next task will be to ask the users of the corresponding feedback group for more specifics. I would get back to you, when I know more.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Joachim

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The dialog to edit the machining data comes to my mind when I think about a dialog that is always too narrow to work with.

Another one is the result dialog for retrieving tools from the library.

It would be good to have the ability to enable dialog size remembering from within the dialog, like creating dialog favorites or showing less options, something like pin-dialog-size Smiley Wink

I will create an ER for this and post its ID here.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

ER#7961860 "remember dialog size individually" has been created.

ER text:

ER Template
                            -----------

* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
    It is impossible to have NX remember the size of certain dialogues if they are made taller and/or wider

* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
    We want to stop having to resize dialogues every time we use them

* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
    We what to have dialogues remember their size across sessions
    For example, the dialog to edit the machining data library in manufacturing is always too small and doesn''t keep its size if resized

* Do you currently have a workaround?
    No

* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
    Add an option, like pin-dialog-size to the context menu in the top left-hand corner of each dialog
    This setting should be remembered by the dialog memory

* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
    HIGH, reduce the time to resize dialogues to be able to work with them efficiently, usability

* Other information:
    Talk to Mark Rief, NX CAM Customer Success department, for further examples, he collects them at the Siemens PLM Community forum

Ask GTAC to be added to this ER if it is of interest to you.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Generally the dialogs with lists of found library objects are too narrow and not all columns are visible, we always have to resize them.

Another dialog is the one to specify collision pairs in IS&V, which I must always stretch to have all columns fully visible.

I have now submitted another IR for an ER to have more control over the dialog memory and size for each dialog individually. I will post the ER ID here after it has been accepted.

Stefan_Pendl wrote:

Generally the dialogs with lists of found library objects are too narrow and not all columns are visible, we always have to resize them.

This one should remember its width for the current NX session.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

Work instruction dialogue needs stretched open too

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information