cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diameter information from UDE into PB

Pioneer
Pioneer

Further to my last post regarding utilisation of an array of co-ords into Post Builder I have a further problem.

I need the diamter information from a part in NX.

If i create a UDE in CDL..

PARAM probe_skw_pt_2
 {
  TYPE p
  UI_LABEL "To establish an X axis span first select the end face OD..."
 }

When this diameter is selected and then posted out the array of variable information is only X, Y and Z locations relative to the bore centre, there are no diameter dimensions.

How would this be possible given that the UDE "TYPE" is a p (point), there is nothing I can see would do the job.

Any help would be mosty appreciated.

Craig.

****Edited to add.....

In the NX8.5 OOTB pui "siemens_probing_cycles" the Renishaw R7 value for measuring a bore is populated by $mom_probing_diameter

If I run a cycle and post it the Debug Lister shows the variable $mom_probing_radius being used - obviously this is doubled to get $mom_probing_diameter

However the value in $mom_probing_radius remains the same as the last bore cycle; I cant see how I re-populate it with my value as I can see no reference to this variable in any NX files on my PC??!!

1 REPLY

Re: Diameter information from UDE into PB

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Craig,

this could be a problem. I think this only works with programming an API-application. Not even feature-diameters or feature-depth are going to mom-variables for the post. Please look at this:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX/Feature-parameters-for-Postproces...

The ER for this enhancement-request is ER7328854.

It would be helpful if you support this ER if you write to GTAC and make reference to my ER.

I think it should be possible for SPLM to do this.

Perhaps you can support this ER by creating an IR for this and rever to my ER. I think this is a weak point.

The only thing you can do ist to give the diameter as an UDE-parameter. Sorry for this news, but perhaps somebody has a better idea.

Werner

Learn online

Solution Information