Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Informationwindow in NX12?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Is there a possibility to get a different Informationwindow (the old one) in NX12? We don't understand the sence of the default-window. We only see disadvantages with this window, nothing positive.

Best Regards.

Werner
Production: NX12.0.2, FBM | TcUA 11.4.0.6
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Different Informationwindow in NX12?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @jobe ,

thank you for bringing up this topic, so that we are aware of the issue you see.

Would you mind filing an Enhancement request to GTAC? I would suggest to explain in  a bit more detail what you personally see as disadvantages.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Alexander

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Perhaps you could describe, the advantage of the new window. Perhapt I did not understand it.

The disadvantages in my oppinion are:

You allways have to doubleklick to be able to copy some text or to work with the content in the window. 

If you have doubleclicked in the window you can't use the "Bild nach unten" and "Bild nach oben" key in the way you know it. "Bild nach unten" goes allways to the end of the text/window. "Bild nach oben" goes allways to the top of the text/window. If you want to have the usual function of the key you have to go out of the "doubleclick-modus".

The content of the Window isn't a textfile, but something else, which I don't know.

The frame in the Window is strange. What can I do with it?

2019-02-06 07_35_46-Informationen.png

What's the reason for changing the informationwindow? The user only need to have a text output. The old one was enough.

The question was: Can I change to a different (to the old) window? Can I?

Thank you for your answer.

Werner
Production: NX12.0.2, FBM | TcUA 11.4.0.6
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This change wasn't done through the CAM Development team. So unfortunately we cannot help you in this case. This is the reason why I suggested to file an ER through GTAC, so that they can forward it to the right team for review.

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Learn online

Solution Information