Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different possibilities in DRILLING and HOLE_MILLING

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can anyone tell me, why there is a differece between DRILLING and HOLE_MILLING?

Why I can't use Control Point in the Feature of a HOLE_MILLING-Feature?

The next thing is: Why I can't use RAPTO OFFSET in the Cutting Parameters of a HOLE_MILLING-Operation?

2016-04-13 08_02_23-Feature Geometry.png2016-04-13 08_01_07-Feature Geometry.png

2016-04-13 08_04_37-Cutting Parameters.png 2016-04-13 08_04_00-Cutting Parameters.png

Thank you for your answers.

Werner

3 REPLIES

Re: Different possibilities in DRILLING and HOLE_MILLING

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think this difference is due to the fact, that hole milling is a milling operation, that doesn't output any drilling cycle.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Stefan,

may be. But I have customized your HOLE_MAKING-Template / HOLE_MILLING-Operation and our Posts. We are now able to get CYCLE-Output in the post Smiley Happy

It works fine. But if we have different situations I should be able to work with RAPTO-Offset and with Machining Feature as Control Point.

Is there a real reason why this options are not possible in HOLE_MILLING? If not I would like to have this options.

Werner

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I do have existing ERs:

1. ER#7668216 - add option to output machine cycle to HOLE_MILLING operation
  2. ER#7668219 - add option to output machine cycle to THREAD_MILLING operation

Which should make it easier to get the helical display of the tool path and the cycle output from the post processor.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information