Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Do we still need Advanced Kinematics License for Non-Orthogonal Machine Posts?

Hi,

I remember there was a requirement in the past for Advanced Kinematics License for Deckel Maho Dual Table 5 axis machines where 4th axis (B) is at (0,-1,1) and 5th axis (C) is at 0,0,1. I would like to know what is the current status of the license requirement? Is this requirement still in place? The post doesn't seem to throw any error message about the license requirement but clearly the angles are wrong.

Thanks,

Vasanth

8 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Do we still need Advanced Kinematics License for Non-Orthogonal Machine Posts?

[ Edited ]

Yes the "NX Post Adv Kinematics Lib" is still mandatory for non-orthogonal rotary axis.

This license is usually part of all CAM bundles and called ug_post_kinematics.

What CAM bundle do you have?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Do we still need Advanced Kinematics License for Non-Orthogonal Machine Posts?

Hi Stefan,

Thanks. We do have ug_post_kinematics (I was under the impression that this corresponds to basic kinematics and Advanced Kinematics would be something like ug_post_adv_kinematics). The post needs tweaking. With non-ortho for the first time, I wanted to be sure that this isn't coming from the license.

Thanks

Vasanth

Note if you want an example, see the install "sim14" machine (see %UGII_BASE_DIR%MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Hi Ken,

Yes. We did choose Sim14 and customizing it further.

Thanks,

Vasanth

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author geaetata
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

This is the response from the development:

"As long as the new IKS is in use, there's no additional license needed for non-orthogonal kinematics. Advanced kinematics license is needed when old IKS is used"

I vaguely remember this was introduced in the later releases and remember reading about this somewhere. But I wasn't sure what was the exact status when I started looking into non-orthogonal machine for the first time and hence, started this thread.

GTAC would post a solution center article on this.

Thanks,

Vasanth

I am looking at creating a post for a nutating head now. I tested the "old kinematic solver" a few days ago. I don't want to rely on the machine tool builder setup and "new kinematic solver" with most posts I do. That way - the post is not reliant on the setup for isv. Anyway - I seemed not to be able to disconnect the usual way (PB_CMD_revise_new_iks - setting mom_kin_iks_usage to zero.) The only way I could get valid rotary positions was to run as null machine and run the post. I look at my bundle - I see "ug_post_kinematics" but not advanced (my bundle is NX13420N.) I will build a machine for my post - so this limitation is not acceptable for me. So - I will probably need to try the "new kinematic solver" approach and define a valid machine with junctions.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

There is no need for a machine for postprocessing NC-output.

You can run the new IKS without a machine tool kit too.

We don't post with a loaded machine and everything is well.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

We use machines to set up and enforce the tool navigator. The posts I do rely on carrier to switch channel and kinematics. We can write a post that serves a few machine configurations in this way. We also prefer to get custom ude lists provided by loading a machine. We try not to use templates (for using udes to switch these things) as they are not much good in a situation where things are changing (like a copy paste case.) Also - I am liking isv in my trials lately. I am not sure if you can use the new IKS when you have a machine - and ignore it in favor of kin variables.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information