Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the System Variable Address for the Work Offsets on a Siemens 840D Control?

Hello Everyone,

We are using the "L_NULL" process call (subroutine, whatever) to update the values in our G527 offset.

L_NULL(27, R30, R31, -39.21541, 0, 0)

We are currently "hard coding" the Z Axis Offset value from our G505 Work Offset. The issue is that this number gets updated frequently, and we'd like to pull the System Variable value for this Z height value.

Does anyone know the name of the variable that holds this number? I'm guessing it will be something like:

$P_FRAME10[3] or maybe $E_MD9865

I'd like to use this variable name in place of "G505 Z Value" in the function call below:

L_NULL(27, R30, R31, "G505 Z Value", 0, 0)

So it would look something like this:

L_NULL(27, R30, R31, $E_MD9865, 0, 0)

If anyone knows the proper variable name, I'd sure appreciate it...

Thanks,

Colin

4 REPLIES

Re: Does anyone know the System Variable Address for the Work Offsets on a Siemens 840D Control?

Phenom
Phenom
$P_UIFR[1,X] for X of G54 I think. Not looking at a manual.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Re: Does anyone know the System Variable Address for the Work Offsets on a Siemens 840D Control?

That makes sense. I've seen that variable in the documentation. So, sounds like $P_UIFR[27,Z] is what I'm after. I'll try it at the machine.

Thanks!!!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you (or others) need to know more, this is covered in the "advanced" programming guide ("PGA" manual).

The one I have is v11.02, 6FC5298-6AB10-0BP2

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Thanks Ken. I've got the same guide, just a slightly different version. 11.02, 6FC5298-6CA00-0BG2.

One of these days I'll get some more time to just browse through it and pick up some more info. Unfortunately I rarely get to program for our DMG's or our WFL these days. I have a bunch of ongoing parts that keep me busy on our older machines.

Thanks for taking the time to answer though, I do appreciate it.

Best regards,

Colin

Learn online

Solution Information