cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling 5 axis without Cycles and Plane Rotation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

How can I post process drill holes in 5 axis machine without "plane rotation" and without "cycles".

As I see output of toolpath in  simulation, it is in XYZ (GOTO X...Y...Z...) but when I pot process it by a 840D pp, It engages holes with Z... (If I select "No Cycle" option)

I dont want use Generic Motion.

Where is in Post Build that must to be revised?

Thanks

10 REPLIES

Re: Drilling 5 axis without Cycles and Plane Rotation

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Actually, you don't have to change the post,  you can switch opr setting from machining cycle to single move, and the cycle move will be decomposed into linear move and rapid move.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply.

Where is this setting exactly?, I couldn't find it!

Siemens Experimenter
Hi Bizdah,

First of all, you need choose hole_making instead of drillling, then there is a setting named "Motion Output", switch to "Single Moves"

[cid:image002.png@01D19975.CABB9750][cid:image004.png@01D19975.CABB9750][cid:image008.jpg@01D19975.CABB9750]

Experimenter
Experimenter

It must to be noted, in 3axis machining (along Z axis vector tool axis) with "no cycle" or "Peck Drill" all thing is ok. But when I drill a hole in 5 axis the post processor uses AROT. I want it moves by 3D points not just along Z. (Without plane rotation)

Siemens Experimenter

You need remove some staff like PB_CMD_trans_arot , PM_CMD_auto_3D_rotation from MOM_initial_move and MOM_first_move, but i don't recommend you do that if you don't understand the logic of post.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Jintao,

Thanks for your help.

At now with hole making I can split deep drill strategy to linear movement codes but it still outputs AROT. It means in program we have  only directions along Z axis yet. (The plane is rotated)

N49G0 A90. C73.
N50 AROT X90.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
N51 AROT Y73.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
N52 G0 X194. Y-35. Z266.75528 S0 D0 M3
N53 (Approach Move
N54 Z92.5
N55 (Cutting
N56 G1 Z85.2996 F250.
N57 (Retract Move
N58 Z92.5
N59 (Engage Move
N60 Z85.2996
N61 (Cutting
N62 Z80.59921
N63 (Retract Move

Experimenter
Experimenter

I read them before, Also I know a bit software programming (C++, VB.NET, AVR, S5, STEP7, ...) but I think I need a introduction to Post Builder language!

Do I delete them completely?! or revise them?

Also I cannot edit block templates in ouput setting>Post file preview>definition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Why is having all the motion along the Z axis a bad thing?

Does the output code work on your machine?

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

I am not so much familiar with Siemens posts, but there is a UDE that you can add to the Start of Events that may help, it is called "Set Tool Path Type", inside set Status to "Active" and 5 Axis Simultaneous Cutting to "Yes". This will force the operation to output as 5 Axis code instead of Tilted Work Plane code. You cannot use Cycles when you do this! I use it all the time in Fanuc posts and it works great.

Learn online

Solution Information