Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Drilling Feedrates IPR to IPM

Hi, 

I was wondering if it would be possible to program my drill operation feeds in IPR but post in IPM? I'm not sure if NX is directly capable of converting this.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Drilling Feedrates IPR to IPM

Yes, this has been discussed before

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/IPR-vs-IPM-output-...

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Sure - you can use MMPR or IPR in the operation, and have the post output MMPM or IPM.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

This is what I originally thought but when I went to try it, instead of posting the IPM feedrate, it posts the machine's rapid rate... This seems like it could be a post processor issue. Would you agree?

yes it may be

look at

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/IPR-vs-IPM-output-...

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎07-19-2017 10:37 AM

Post builder or configurator?

If PB:

Program & Tool path -> Machine Control -> Scroll & find "Feedrates" button, then click on it

Scroll the dialog down (if needed) to find the "Cycle Feed rate mode"

Set to the desired.

Note in the same dialog you may need to adjust the max/min values for each mode (e.g. I just created an inch post and IPR min = .1" (a bit big!)

This *should* convert whatever units you have in the operation to the units set in the post.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Thank you, previously I only changed the cycle mode to IPM instead of auto and this did not work. I went back and changed the IPR mode to Feed_IPM and updated the min and max rates and now everything is working as it should be.

Thanks again.

Learn online

Solution Information