cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling cycle is being repeatedly coming even if R-Level is same in multi-hole making operation

Creator
Creator

I am using hole making cycle for making multiple holes at different faces and angles in a workpiece, but R-level is same still drilling cycle is being repeated, can anyone guide me in this.

11 REPLIES

Re: Drilling cycle is being repeatedly coming even if R-Level is same in multi-hole making operation

Creator
Creator

It seems there is wrong variable used at R-parameter in your postprocessor.

Check it, and may be it is so, that you will see $mom_cycle_rapid_to instead of $mom_cycle_rapid_to_pos($mom_cycle_spindle_axis).

You have one hole_making operation for all your holes. Thus settings of Top/Rapto/Bottom offsets are the same for all holes. Variable $mom_cycle_rapid_to returns rapid clearance value, but not a coordinate! That is the reason, I think, why you have your R-parameter constant.

And one more note. I don't know why, but in NX10.0.3.5 MP12 Rapto offset works incorrect. Value inputted as Top offset setting is assigned to variable $mom_cycle_rapid_to and is used to calculate the array $mom_cycle_rapid_to_pos.

I hope, something of this will be helpful for you.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Re: Drilling cycle is being repeatedly coming even if R-Level is same in multi-hole making operation

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your suggestion but I am using same variable i.e $mom_cycle_rapid_to_pos($mom_cycle_spindle_axis) for R-level still its outputting cycle every time.

Creator
Creator

May be you can provide a picture of a tool path and NX full version?

Creator
Creator

I have posted the picture of tool path, and NX version : NX10.0.3 MP9.

Legend
Legend

Zero point is on the axis.

If the faces are at the same distance from axis,  R will be the same.

Nothing wrong. There is no problem with R.

Whether you use rapid_to or rapid_to_pos, they will be constant in this case. Smiley Happy

Outputting the whole cycle again - the cycle is canceled in NX. So it have to be outputed again.

Look at the verification or cls.

Notice that you have reposition in path with new XY and rotary axis, cycle have to be canceled to do this motion.

I can live with that.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Creator
Creator

Well... Juraj is right. MCS is on the axis of rotation. And all R-parameters should be the same, if faces are at the same distance from the axis of rotation.

But why first R-value and second R-value are different?

I advise KunalSK to find at CLS data a RAPTO parameter and check it.

If he wants to go deeper, he can call a Review Tool and check values of array $mom_cycle_rapid_to_pos also.

CLS info.jpg

But if the question is only in outputting R-parameter disregarding its modality, there is only one answer.

Hole_making template functions this way. It recalls all cycle parameters every time tool axis changes more than value defined at "Max Tool Axis Change" setting. Look here "Non Cutting Moves" -> "Between Features" -> "Transfer Type" to modify a tool path and a NC-output.

Legend
Legend

@Ashot

I am not sure that yur cls is from @KunalSK and his picture.

In his picture , If I see well, first 2 holes - there is no cutting move, only rapid move deeper into the hole.

And then maybe shorter cutting move

Notice blue colour of rapid move. Dont know.

Maybe thats why is first R different. I have no idea.

Bez názvu.png

Creator
Creator

Of course CLS from my pic isn't KunalSK's CLS.

I gave this pic just for example.

Legend
Legend

Ive edited my last post.

Now I am interesting how @KunalSK omit extra B motions along the cylinder clearence plane. Smiley Happy

Combine rotary commands?

Learn online

Solution Information